“Wedding Night Stay”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #8 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I got married in Austin on April 21st. I stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel Austin the night before my wedding with my sister. We had a great time listening to music in the bar and relaxing before my big day. The next morning, room service made a special accommodation to deliver our breakfast before normal service times because I had to leave the hotel at 5:30 am to get ready! Room service and wake up calls were right on time, which was instrumental in making my big day get off to the right start!
My husband and I returned to the Four Seasons in the afternoon and spent the remainder of our wedding day relaxing with champagne in the hammock by the lake. We met some close friends that evening in the bar and had a great time. You cannot beat the Four Seasons staff, service, and atmosphere! I am so glad I chose it as the place to spend our wedding weekend!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Amy,
Congratulations on your recent marriage! It is truly an honor to hear you chose Four Seasons Hotel Austin for your wedding night, and gratifying to learn our staff helped make the occasion stress-free and enjoyable for you. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for the positive review and we hope to see you and your husband again in the future! Speaking of, TRIO is great at celebrating first anniversaries...

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Great hotel with wonderfully convenient location. First class in all aspects except for additional internet charge. The manager waived ours, yet I expect free internet access in a hotel which charges these prices.

Room Tip: ask if internet access is provided
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear feedawg,
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of Four Seasons Hotel Austin and for rating us as "first class." With regard to our Internet fee, we are currently reviewing the possibility of offering a complimentary option for guests, so your feedback is timely and will be added into our considerations. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Austin's Four Seasons soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Since I live in Austin, I have not stayed at the Austin four seasons hotel in over a decade. But my wife and I frequently visit the four seasons hotel for their Sunday brunch. It is the best (and probably the most expensive) brunch in town. Service is impeccable. The restaurant is called TRIO.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons the weekend of our wedding and everything was fabulous. Breakfast and dinner on the patio Trio, the lake view room, the spa -- the food and the hotel is simply excellent. Combined with the really, really friendly (and not stuffy) service, it can't be beat. They even helped me find my wedding shoes when I thought I had lost them!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

There aren't enough great things to say about this hotel. I received such a warm greeting from the staff and although I arrived a bit before schedule, the receptionist was wonderful in assisting me. The concierge did an amazing job of helping me plan various activities and locate great eating spots that were in walking distance. The room had a wonderful view of Lake Travis. There was so much to do in and throughout the hotel that I didn't feel the need to leave. I also went to the spa and had a truly relaxing experience. Everything was absolutely lovely. There is no better hotel in Austin than the Four Seasons. They do a fabulous job of intermixing high end quality with perfect souther hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear Bonnie,
Thank you for your great review and for taking the time to let us know what we're doing right! I really appreciate the feedback about our staff and hope you'll come visit us again soon. After all, we're just a short 2 1/2 hour drive away...

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We recently spent our 40th Anniversary at the Four Seasons Hotel, Austin. The staff made everything amazing for our special stay! From registration to check-out we were treated like dignitaries! The hotel has recently been upgraded since we were there in December. The concierge went the extra mile for my husband and arranged for floral bouquets for me. When we ran late for check out the hotel extended our check-out time. I asked for a box to take home several bouquets with me and the staff made boxes to fit the vases and made sure they were packed correctly. From the front desk clerk's pleasant demeanor, the wonderful service at Trio Restaurant,to the bellmen, and all employees were so helpful down to the valet who provided bottled water for us as we left. Thanks for making our anniversary so memorable. Carol B.

Room Tip: An upgrade to Lady Bird Lake view afforded us beautiful views and a bird's eye shot of the weddi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Carol,
First, let me congratulate you and your husband! Forty years is impressive, and we truly appreciate you choosing to spend the occasion with us. Thank you also for the comments about the service you received from our staff. I will be certain to let them know they helped play a part in making your anniversary a memorable one. We look forward to celebrating 41...50...and many more milestones with you in the future!

Reviewed 21 May 2012

This hotel is not up to the usual standards of the Four Seasons. Checking in took time, the room had a wet spot when we checked in. On the following day, we left our room at 8:30 and did not return until noon- no housekeeping. Went out for lunch at the hotel restaurant and came back to dress for a wedding - no housekeeping. When we called to complain, they proposed to do the room just when we were getting ready for the wedding -so we asked for just clean towels. Not a great experience. The principal reason for paying Four Seasons prices is the wonderful service. Not the case here. I am not clear whether this was because we were on a "wedding package", but the hotel appeared understaffed at all levels - housekeeping, reception and restaurants- a significant wait for food both at lunch and at breakfast, then a longer wait for the bill. The under-staffing made no sense since the hotel management must have known that the hotel was expecting groups for several weddings.

Room Tip: Hampton Inn across the way is a better choice.
1  Thank CMM33134
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear CMM33134,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel. While we treat all of our guests as important, we always try to give special attention to those staying with us for a wedding since they often have a set schedule that requires precise timing and flawless execution.
Based on your feedback, we didn't succeed in showing you this and I sincerely apologize for the service shortcomings you encountered. Rest assured we take this very seriously and I have followed up internally with our Housekeeping and Front Desk managers to attempt to identify why the problems occurred and how we can ensure they do not happen again in the future.
Thank you again for letting us know where we can improve, as it will only make us better. Should you wish to discuss your concerns in more detail, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
(512) 685-8035