“Outstanding service and beautiful grounds!”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #7 of 205 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed for 3 nights for a girls trip. The location on the water was beautiful and
the grounds were well kept. The staff was wonderful! The room was very clean and spacious with a beautiful view of the water. The food was very good for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for such lovely feedback on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel location and views that you received such accommodating service during your stay-this is something we strive to provide for our guests. Whether for another girl’s trip or simply to get away for a weekend, I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to Austin again soon.

Rob Hagelberg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,922)

Reviewed 6 November 2013

If you want to be in the middle of the action in Austin, this is the place. Situated on a tree-filled location that slopes down to Town Lake, there is no better place than the Four Seasons to experience the electric vibes of Austin.

Ask for a high room overlooking the lake, but the ones on the other side that look north are good, too.

If one is so inclined, the lobby bar is a happening place; happy people of all ages meet there to laugh and to take in all that's swirling around them.

Though the lobby and bar are full of happy commotion, the rooms themselves are quiet, private and very comfortable.

Room Tip: High room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear boudin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m delighted to hear you found our location so accommodating and that your experience on property was an excellent one. We take pride in being a hubbub of activity within the Austin community so it’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed all the action on property and in the Lobby Lounge during your stay. I hope you won’t wait too long to visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We recently stayed for the weekend. The Four Seasons had been recommended by friends and it was great choice. The hotel has a great location on the lake and perfect downtown spot to walk to all hot spots. The staff was incredible from the minute we arrived. The hotel had a great buzz of activity. Had dinner at Trio sitting on the terrace was a beautiful setting. Food was great. We can't wait to come back. Tip- get a lake view room it is worth it. View is great. Spa is awesome- make time for a massage

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank MEaton

Dear MEaton,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and received such helpful service from our staff. The TRIO terrace is one of my favorite spots in entire hotel, so I empathize with your experience there. I hope you will visit us again soon; we look forward to having you.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Hotel was beautiful. Maid service was awesome, room was very clean. Lady who checked me out had a bit of an attitude. Smokin Tuesday was great but poor service and bar manager could care less. Was charged for things that were supposed to be comped. Overall, awesome experience. Just pay attention to your charges.

Room Tip: Higher Floor and Lake View Suite are the best. Beautiful view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 43327Morgana1
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear 43327Morgana1,
I apologize for the delay in addressing your review of your November stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, but wanted to be sure to thank you for the positive comments about our maid service, rooms and view. I will also be sharing your compliments with our Director of Housekeeping so that she may commend her team.
I was, however, disappointed to hear about your experience at check-out and Smokin' Tuesdays, not to mention concerned about the charges you felt were incorrect.
Please feel free to contact me using the information below if you are open to providing more details in hopes of resolving any inaccurate charges.
(512) 685-8035
rob.hagelberg@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Very nice hotel. Conveniently located. Nice rooms; comfortable beds; wonderful staff; great accommodations overall. I was in Austin to attend a convention at the Austin Convention Center which was just a brief walk. Not as luxurious as some other Four Seasons around the world, but overall excellent and highly recommended.

1  Thank lpatterson700

Dear lpatterson700,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m delighted to hear you found our location so accommodating and that your experience on property was an excellent one! I hope you won’t wait too long to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed @ this property in early October for a business meeting. I am a regular business traveler, but this was my first stay at a Four Seasons. The hype and brand around "Four Seasons" is high - but based on this hotel, not worth all of the hype. The property felt quite dated, not luxurious. Room rate was high for the amenities (fortunately, I was speaking at the meeting, so the hosts paid for the room). I had a room with a view of the parking / entry driveway. When I asked for a room with a better view, the front desk offered something - but with a significant upcharge, so I declined. Actual room I stayed in was average/fair. Nice bed. But decor seemed dated and room reeked of Febreeze - not exactly the 5 star experience I expected from Four Seasons. Hotel staff was the only part of the experience that met my expectations - aside from a bit stiff/snooty check-in host, everyone was quite warm and friendly. This is a borderline 4 star hotel/experience. With all of the new hotels sprouting up in Austin, there are better choices (and much better values) - keep searching.

Room Tip: No tips - they charge for anything more than a driveway view :(

Dear BK-1K,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. We are sorry to hear that the experience did not meet your expectations. Although I was glad to hear your compliments on our overall staff and service, I am sorry to learn that our front desk team did not alleviate the concerns regarding your guestroom.

With regards to the property and guestroom in particular, we are currently in the design phase of a guestroom redesign that will be launched in 2014. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back with a fresh new product.

I would love the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your experience so that we can ensure this does not reoccur in the future.

Best Regards,

(512) 685-8034
rob.hagelberg@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I was in Austin to attend a convention at the Austin Convention Center. The hotel was only a short walk which made it very convenient. The room was very clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful and the food was great. The only negative thing I can say is that the hotel did not have a gift shop. I like to purchase shirts, cards etc. The next time I am in Austin, I will stay here again but I will not pay the extra money to have a balcony overlooking the river. It's not worth it.

Dear CaileyBug,

I appreciate you taking a moment to write a review about your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, thank you. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel location and that you received such accommodating service during your stay - this is something we certainly strive to provide for our guests. I hope you will make it back for another visit again soon; we’d love to have you!