“Good location, not a super high end Four Seasons”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #8 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was our second visit to this Four Seasons in the past several years. The rooms were okay but not special. We did not upgrade to anything special, which may account for that. I don't recall if we stayed in a larger room or suite the last time. The hotel itself is in a nice location and it is easy to walk to some good shopping and dining spots. Concierge was very helpful in suggesting great restaurants and securing reservations. The lobby has a nice ambiance that seems appropriate for Austin even though it isn't as magnificent as others.

Room Tip: I guess I would suggest that you upgrade to something other than a basic room. And a lake view!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Suzy,

Thank you for your review; we truly appreciate every bit of feedback from our guests. I’m pleased to read you found our location prime for shopping and dining in downtown Austin and that our Concierge staff was helpful and accommodating to your needs. As for accommodations, I’m sorry to hear you found your room to be just “okay,” however, I’m happy to report that we are currently undergoing renovations to help secure that “special” touch. I hope you’ll join us again this year and allow us the opportunity to show off our new improvements!

Rob Hagelberg

994 - 1,000 of 1,837 reviews

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

This has become an annual event for my daughter, granddaughter & myself. We visited the day after Christmas and had a wonderful afternoon. Service impeccable w delicious scones and tiny sweets as well as many different choices of
Mighty Leaf tea sachets. What's not to love. Highly recommend .

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Travelingnurse055

Dear Travelingnurse055,

Thank you for taking a moment to share some feedback from your recent tea experience with us at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m delighted to hear Afternoon Tea in the Lobby Lounge has become an annual event for your family and that this past experience did not disappoint. I look forward to passing along your compliments to the staff - the scones served at tea are a personal favorite of mind as well! We hope to welcome you again next year, if not sooner.

Rob Hagelberg

Reviewed 30 December 2013

If you have to spend Christmas in a hotel in Austin, this is the place. It is a beautiful property and has live music and thus a lively bar even on Christmas night.The staff (except for the doorman) is extremely cordial and welcoming. Room service is fast and accurate. Choose a room with a view of the lake and you will love the view, night and day. Location is great as well.

Room Tip: Choose a room with lake view!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dallas101_13
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for over a week during the summer. Before I even arrived, the concierge took care of a number of restaurant reservations and special requests, The service was impeccable. I have stayed at a number of 5-star hotels in US and none of them can match Four Seasons in terms of service. It seemed like everyone at the hotel knew us by our names and was attentive to our every need, I was very impressed and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steve w
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I can always count on the Four Seasons to make a stressful day a relaxing evening. The bed is always heavenly, the room nicely appointed, and the amenities (L'Occitane soap and shampoo) is a treat, a Four Seasons trademark. Having stayed in many luxury hotels, I am always impressed with the consistent standard of service that all the Four Seasons have. They train their staff diligently.

My one disappointment is that I was not staying long enough to enjoy the river walk, which I noticed from my river view window the day I was checking out. Not to be missed if you love nature and many species of birds.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Poochini
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I have nothing but great things to say about the Four Seasons hotel in Austin Texas in regards to my stay the night of my wedding. The staff made us feel special, and without a doubt went the extra mile to make the experience one to never be forgotten. Thanks to Marlon and the team for customer service that goes above and beyond!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blake W
Reviewed 23 December 2013

The Four Seasons is a great location with 5 star amenities and service. My bed was extremely comfortable. My check in and check out time was very quick and the valet service and front desk were very helpful. My room was very clean and quiet. I enjoyed my stay and enjoyed waking up to a view of Ladybird Lake. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business