“Wonderful Christmas family gathering”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #9 of 203 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mcallen
“Wonderful Christmas family gathering”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

We had two adjoining rooms at the this four seasons right after Christmas for three nights and had a beautiful stay. All of the employees, from the doorman to the housekeepers are so friendly, helpful, and welcoming. Our room was very comfy with a wonderful view of Lady Bird Lake! It was chilly at night so they had the chimineas lit outside. My husband and I went out and enjoyed the lanterns hanging from the trees and the fire from the chimineas to keep us warm in the evenings. The work out room is well equipped and my husband LOVED the wet sauna that was complimentary. The gingerbread village was set up in the lobby and the Texas style Christmas tree made the holiday very festive. I would love to make this visit to the four seasons a holiday tradition for our family.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 385kellyp
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! I’m thrilled to hear you joined us over the holidays with your family and that you received such helpful service during your stay. Your experience on the back lawn - among the lanterns and chimineas - is just the kind of peaceful experience we strive to provide for our guests, so it makes my day to hear that you enjoyed it. Please do join us sometime again; we’d love to be a part of your family’s holiday tradition!

Rob Hagelberg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 16 January 2014

It ius nice to be so close to the action in downtown Austin plus the view of the lake (river) is beautiful. The drinks were strong and the food delicious. Plus, I always love the luxurious sheets on the beds!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve G
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Steve,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s location in the hubbub of Austin as well as our various food outlets. I have to say the hotel bedding is a favorite feature of mine as well! It’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay - I hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The rooms are large and comfortable and dated. The hotel is small but nice in the commom areas. The details and service were excellent. The food was always high quality and well done. The view is nice and the spa was small a bit dated but the services were of high quality. But at $450-$500 a night you would probally get a better room at a courtyard at 20% of the cost. Get a room on the 8th or 9th floor. It was clean and well staffed, just needs a facelift, for those prices, is what it really needs.

Room Tip: 8th or 9th floor facing the lake
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pkmcallen
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear pkmcallen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin- we sincerely appreciate all the thoughts and comments from our guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay most recently, and that the environment, the food and the spa services met your expectations. I understand your feelings on the hotel seeming “dated” which is why I’m excited to report that we are undergoing a room renovation strategy in 2014 that is already in progress. I invite you to visit us again this year and see the new improvements first hand!

Until then,

Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Got to th e room, the check in clerk did not know anything about our accommodation credits...not good. Then there were ants all over the dresser where they had put some dried fruit! I assumed the health dept required treatments for ants. The room was small, dated, and only one sink. Not up to four seasons standards, but they still charged us over $500 a night. I'm sure you can do better downtown

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Walt1901
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Gregg,
Thank you for taking the time to share your frustration regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. The plate of dried fruit in your room was intended as a welcome amenity, but arriving to ants was certainly not the welcome you expected or we intended, and for that I apologize. We frequently provide welcome amenities in guest rooms upon arrival and I can assure you we have not had an issue with ants in the past so I'm confident this was an isolated incident.

With regard to your other feedback, I am pleased to share that we are currently in the midst of finalizing our 2014 plans for a guest room and bathroom remodel, which should more than address your concerns. We are excited to unveil the new look and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any additional feedback or would like to discuss your comments in more detail.
Ed Gannon
Hotel Manager
(512) 685-8037
ed.gannon@fourseasons.com
Centerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was our second visit to this Four Seasons in the past several years. The rooms were okay but not special. We did not upgrade to anything special, which may account for that. I don't recall if we stayed in a larger room or suite the last time. The hotel itself is in a nice location and it is easy to walk to some good shopping and dining spots. Concierge was very helpful in suggesting great restaurants and securing reservations. The lobby has a nice ambiance that seems appropriate for Austin even though it isn't as magnificent as others.

Room Tip: I guess I would suggest that you upgrade to something other than a basic room. And a lake view!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Suzy,

Thank you for your review; we truly appreciate every bit of feedback from our guests. I’m pleased to read you found our location prime for shopping and dining in downtown Austin and that our Concierge staff was helpful and accommodating to your needs. As for accommodations, I’m sorry to hear you found your room to be just “okay,” however, I’m happy to report that we are currently undergoing renovations to help secure that “special” touch. I hope you’ll join us again this year and allow us the opportunity to show off our new improvements!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

This has become an annual event for my daughter, granddaughter & myself. We visited the day after Christmas and had a wonderful afternoon. Service impeccable w delicious scones and tiny sweets as well as many different choices of
Mighty Leaf tea sachets. What's not to love. Highly recommend .

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Travelingnurse055
Dear Travelingnurse055,

Thank you for taking a moment to share some feedback from your recent tea experience with us at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m delighted to hear Afternoon Tea in the Lobby Lounge has become an annual event for your family and that this past experience did not disappoint. I look forward to passing along your compliments to the staff - the scones served at tea are a personal favorite of mind as well! We hope to welcome you again next year, if not sooner.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2013

If you have to spend Christmas in a hotel in Austin, this is the place. It is a beautiful property and has live music and thus a lively bar even on Christmas night.The staff (except for the doorman) is extremely cordial and welcoming. Room service is fast and accurate. Choose a room with a view of the lake and you will love the view, night and day. Location is great as well.

Room Tip: Choose a room with lake view!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family