“Location”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #7 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The Four Seasons is the real deal with great amenities and a fine view of the river and bridge. While not for everyone, in the early evening thousands of bats fly from under the bridge up the river. While enjoying a drink on the terrace with friends the spectacle surely begins cocktail conversation. Very impressive.

Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank NancyGates_12
Write a ReviewReviews (1,885)

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Hotel was very nice, but not quite up to the design standards of a typical Four Seasons. Service was very friendly and attentive, but they forgot a couple of requests for additional towels/washcloths that I made.

Room Tip: Views of town lake are nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Larry L
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Larry,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I appreciate your four-star rating, despite the fact your request for additional towels was not met in typical Four Seasons fashion. I will be sure to mention this to our director of housekeeping as a training opportunity for our staff.
I would also like to note that the "upgrade" you suggest in your review title is already in the works, with new guest room and bathroom designs coming later this year. I hope you will visit us again so that you may see the improvements firsthand.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Let's start with the fact that all Four Seasons Hotels are lovely. They attend to detail beautifully, have great amenities and their rooms are comfy.
That said, they're stable and the same, with little personality.
This is probably on purpose, but it keeps them from being 5 stars in my book.
When you check into the Four Seasons in Austin, the self-proclaimed live music capital of America (we can debate that later), you could be anywhere.
The only bow to being in Texas or in Austin was a guitar case behind the front desk. When I asked about it, I was told it contained toys for children.
Some of the rooms have views of a lake.
The rooms are quite spacious and have bathrobes & slippers, which is SOP for Four Seasons, which is wonderful.
I could have been anywhere. There was nothing there that identified this as being in Texas, let alone in Austin.
There is coffee, espresso, cappuccino & tea by the front desk in the morning. When I was there checking out the cappuccino didn't work, which I pointed out to the staff. It was quickly fixed.
It would benefit from something like Starbucks, but that isn't the Four Seasons style.

The list:
Shower pressure: Solid.
Front desk: Four Seasons trained. They do all they can for you within reason, are polite and generic.
Bed: Above average.
Sheets/Bedding: Above Average.
Towels: Average (they could use some bathsheets or larger bath towels).
Phone service/attendants: Above average.
Room size: Above average.
Room service: Didn't order on this trip.
Bathroom amenities: Typical Four Seasons L'Occitane lemon verbena (if you don't like that smell, as I don't, you have to bring your own).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ilovemanhattanNyc
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had two adjoining rooms at the this four seasons right after Christmas for three nights and had a beautiful stay. All of the employees, from the doorman to the housekeepers are so friendly, helpful, and welcoming. Our room was very comfy with a wonderful view of Lady Bird Lake! It was chilly at night so they had the chimineas lit outside. My husband and I went out and enjoyed the lanterns hanging from the trees and the fire from the chimineas to keep us warm in the evenings. The work out room is well equipped and my husband LOVED the wet sauna that was complimentary. The gingerbread village was set up in the lobby and the Texas style Christmas tree made the holiday very festive. I would love to make this visit to the four seasons a holiday tradition for our family.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 385kellyp
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! I’m thrilled to hear you joined us over the holidays with your family and that you received such helpful service during your stay. Your experience on the back lawn - among the lanterns and chimineas - is just the kind of peaceful experience we strive to provide for our guests, so it makes my day to hear that you enjoyed it. Please do join us sometime again; we’d love to be a part of your family’s holiday tradition!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

It ius nice to be so close to the action in downtown Austin plus the view of the lake (river) is beautiful. The drinks were strong and the food delicious. Plus, I always love the luxurious sheets on the beds!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve G
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear Steve,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s location in the hubbub of Austin as well as our various food outlets. I have to say the hotel bedding is a favorite feature of mine as well! It’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay - I hope we get to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The rooms are large and comfortable and dated. The hotel is small but nice in the commom areas. The details and service were excellent. The food was always high quality and well done. The view is nice and the spa was small a bit dated but the services were of high quality. But at $450-$500 a night you would probally get a better room at a courtyard at 20% of the cost. Get a room on the 8th or 9th floor. It was clean and well staffed, just needs a facelift, for those prices, is what it really needs.

Room Tip: 8th or 9th floor facing the lake
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pkmcallen
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear pkmcallen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin- we sincerely appreciate all the thoughts and comments from our guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay most recently, and that the environment, the food and the spa services met your expectations. I understand your feelings on the hotel seeming “dated” which is why I’m excited to report that we are undergoing a room renovation strategy in 2014 that is already in progress. I invite you to visit us again this year and see the new improvements first hand!

Until then,

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Got to th e room, the check in clerk did not know anything about our accommodation credits...not good. Then there were ants all over the dresser where they had put some dried fruit! I assumed the health dept required treatments for ants. The room was small, dated, and only one sink. Not up to four seasons standards, but they still charged us over $500 a night. I'm sure you can do better downtown

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Walt1901
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Gregg,
Thank you for taking the time to share your frustration regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. The plate of dried fruit in your room was intended as a welcome amenity, but arriving to ants was certainly not the welcome you expected or we intended, and for that I apologize. We frequently provide welcome amenities in guest rooms upon arrival and I can assure you we have not had an issue with ants in the past so I'm confident this was an isolated incident.

With regard to your other feedback, I am pleased to share that we are currently in the midst of finalizing our 2014 plans for a guest room and bathroom remodel, which should more than address your concerns. We are excited to unveil the new look and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any additional feedback or would like to discuss your comments in more detail.
Ed Gannon