“Not a Four Seasons level Four Seasons. not worth the price. Stay somwhere else.”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #8 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Mid level hotel, trading as a four seasons. I was surprised and thought this may have been a different hotel that changed to a four seasons. Not the case. The room very average. now if they were charging hilton or marriott prices I'd say fine, but 600.00 per night even with it being SXSW is outrageous.

Room Tip: Don't pay four seasons prices at this hotel.
2  Thank Robert S
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Robert,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin on TripAdvisor. I was dismayed to hear that you felt your stay was not worthy of the brand as we pride ourselves on providing the same service that Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts are known for around the world.
I am excited to share that we have recently completed the design phase of a full room and bathroom enhancement that is due to be completed in 2014. I am confident these updates will ensure that we're meeting your expectations for our physical product in comparison to other Four Seasons.
With regards to your rate, our pricing is responsive to the local market conditions and can vary based upon occupancy and a variety of other factors. Should you need assistance with future bookings to ensure you receive the best rate available for the time desired, please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to assist you. Additionally, if you have any further feedback or wish to speak further about your experience, I would welcome the opportunity.
Please accept our thanks for your constructive feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Austin in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I travel often and stay in luxury hotels all over the world. I always return to the Four Seasons in Austin. I'm a regular. It's like coming home. The hotel smells like a spa. You are at ease the moment you walk in the door. I believe there is no other place to stay. Four Seasons has it all. Elegance, ease and comfort, class. That is the signature experience. The mattresses are divine (plan to purchase one myself), the service is lovely, and coffee in the AM is something I wake up looking forward to each morning. Nothing but sheer goodness.

Room Tip: ask for lake view, quiet, high floor.

Dear Laura,

It gives me great pleasure to read a review such as your own, thank you for taking the time to write. We pride ourselves on creating an environment that is comforting, accessible and accommodating in every way possible, so I’m delighted to hear that you feel at ease on property stay after stay. It’s always appreciated when guests send us positive feedback and I look forward to sharing your compliments with the staff. To hear you enjoyed your time with us and felt like you were “coming home” has made my day! I hope we’ll have the pleasure of your company with us in Austin again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Very nice hotel and well located along Lady Bird Lake - easy access to the walking trail. The spa is fantastic, perfect end to a busy trip. The food in the restaurant is good, though a bit pricy. Really not a bad note anywhere.

Dear DSHMinneapolis,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m delighted to hear you found our property well located and that your experience at The Spa was an excellent one! I hope you won’t wait too long to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

In downtown Austin this is probably your best choice. But I think it's time to renovate the rooms; I don't know what type of renovation cycle these rooms are on - but I'd guess the rooms are 10 years old. The lobby area and restaurant was great. Make sure to get a lakeside view.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeasonedTrvlr

Dear SeasonedTrvlr,

Thank you for your review; we truly appreciate every bit of feedback from our guests. I’m pleased to read you enjoyed our restaurant, TRIO, and that you would make Four Seasons Hotel Austin your choice for down town accommodations. As for the rooms, I’m happy to report that we are scheduled to undergo renovations in the coming months. I hope you’ll join us again this year and allow us the opportunity to show off our new improvements!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice and both times I have had a great experience. The staff was accommodating and friendly. The spa was wonderful and I loved the service I received. The property is in a great location; you can walk to many great places in Austin. I would recommend this hotel to business travelers and families on vacation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear MeghanM184,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your most recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m delighted to hear that you received great service while on property and that you enjoyed your time in The Spa. The hotel’s location in the hubbub of Austin is one of my favorite aspects as well- I’m so glad you feel the same way. I hope you’ll visit again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I attend an annual conference at this location. Everything about it is perfect. The rooms are immaculate – get a room with a lake view if you can! Bed is comfortable, bathrooms are very nice and service is exceptional!

The group meals, snacks, coffee/tea and reception appetizers were very good – all much better that what I expect for conference menus.

The restaurant, bar and room service are all great. The quality of the food is matched by the top-notch service.

The property location can’t be beat! There are trails for running and benches by the lake for taking an afternoon call outside. The close proximity to the fun downtown scene is also a plus!

My FAVORITE amenity is the SPA. I love that it is open late so that I can pair my conference with an evening of pampering!

Room Tip: Splurge for a higher room with a view of the lake!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jacklyn,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the meals served during your conference and that you received such great service during your stay-this is something we take great pride in. Taking some time to enjoy the lawn and lake views is a personal favorite pastime of mine as well. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Austin again soon, if not for business then maybe for The Spa!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I held a work conference at the Four Seasons a couple weeks ago and it was amazing! The entire staff was helpful and friendly throughout our entire stay. If anything popped up I could let any staff member know and the message got sent - you can tell the staff really communicates and works well together. Food was great and was always prepared on time (we also had to push back some meals and they were very accommodating). My company has held several annual conferences at the Four Seasons and we keep going back because of the professionalism and quality the hotel and staff bring. I have also stayed here for pleasure and that experience was amazing as well! And location cannot be beat! Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank M R

Dear M. R.,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! I’m thrilled to hear your conference went smoothly and that the staff was appropriately accommodating. Teamwork and communication are aspects our staff prides themselves on, so I’m delighted to hear you experienced them in action. Whether for business or pleasure I sure hope you visit us again soon.