“Outstanding”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have the opportunity to stay at the Austin Four Seasons Hotel due to business in and near the city. Due to the availability on short notice, often I stay at other hotels as well. The service from the valet to the custodial personnel is superior. Every aspect is clean and attended to promptly. The lounge, food and libations as well as the options of the lounge and the outdoor patio provide everything a business traveler could ask. The wine list is carefully constructed for quality as well as value and includes fabulous selections from all over the world so you can find something to pair with the multiple food choices or just to sip by the pool.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
Upper Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Although I did not love Austin as much as I hoped I would, I loved this hotel! I went there for business trip. The hotel did a marvelous job with group breakfasts and the seminars. The pool was lovely and the service was good, though I wish the servers came around more often at the pool. Although I was expecting an extraordinary room from the Four Seasons, the room was beautiful and extremely clean. The products were fantastic and the robes plush. I was definitely more than able to relax.

I would definitely recommend staying here if you are traveling to Austin.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

In Austin proper but with a country feel, the hotel is well placed for those wanting to explore Austin. Internally, the hotel is pretty dark and looking a bit old, and the rooms are looking even older. However, it is all perfectly serviceable, and service is good. My visit was for business: food quality was generally good, with the odd dish that was bland/boring.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Clivel_98
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Clivel_98,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your comments about Four Seasons Hotel Austin on TripAdvisor. I was glad to hear you felt the hotel was well-located and that you found our service commendable.
I'm pleased to share that we are in the midst of a room and bathroom enhancement that should fix your perception that the hotel is "tired." Should your business travel bring you back to Austin, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back after our new rooms are unveiled this summer.
Utica, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Deserves that fourth star but almost gave it a three. Nowhere near the five star experience you expect at a Four Seasons.... with the exception of the staff, who were universally five-star. Infrastructure was not. The price we were given was the convention rate & the hotel was great about extending the rate a couple days for friends. Very nice. Service was very good -- very attentive. But the little details (come on, no coffee maker in the room??) just weren't there. Power lines over the pool, weird check-in location, room furniture that was a little tired, didn't sleep well on the (old?) soft mattresses, small gym. It's a convention hotel. Not the 5-star you expect at a Four Seasons. If we haven't been to 5 stars in Europe and larger cities in the US, we'd have been very happy. So nothing particularly wrong. Just didn't come that close to the expectations of a Four Seasons hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ron,
I apologize for not responding to your review on TripAdvisor earlier, although do want to assure you we appreciate the feedback and that you took the time to let us know some of the areas we fell short of your expectations.
The delayed response, in part, was due to the start of our rooms and bathrooms enhancement, an exciting top-to-bottom update that should address several of the concerns you had about the condition of the hotel. Additionally, we will soon be one of the first hotels in the company to receive the all-new Four Seasons mattresses, which may be adjusted to each guest's firmness preference.
Should you stay with us in the future, I have asked our reservations manager to note on your profile that you would like a coffee machine in your room. Many guests have commented that they prefer the professionally brewed Illy coffee and espresso machine in our Lobby, but we certainly understand many others would rather enjoy coffee in the comfort of their own room. For this reason, we keep on hand several coffee makers that may be placed in the room prior to arrival.
I sincerely hope you will reconsider staying with us on your next visit to Austin. Should you need assistance making a reservation, or if you just wish to share additional feedback, please don't hesitate to contact me using the information below.
(512) 685-8034
rob.hagelberg@fourseasons.com
Blacksburg, VA
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was in town for a higher ed conference at Austin Convention Center 5/24-5/29. I'm actually typing this review out while lounging in my comfy Four Seasons bed. I have a King room overlooking the lake. The room is comfortable, clean, and I have been beyond impressed with the housekeeping staff responsible for my room on the fourth floor. Every day I came back from the conference my room was spotless and all the things I left strewn around my room during my rush to get ready was neatly arranged--down to putting the lid back on my toothpaste and lining up my makeup brushes. I know that may not seem like a lot, but it was a nice thing to come home to. The coffee bar was nice, however I did not know about it until this morning. I only discovered it because I dropped my pen and it rolled in that direction. I wish I had been told about this because I would have saved myself a few bucks from hitting up the coffee shop attached to the Four Seasons residence building (yuck).

Room Tip: Make sure you get a lake-view room. Simply gorgeous!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear seneeves,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. Your positive comments about our Housekeeping staff are especially appreciated and will be shared with the team.
I was sorry to hear you weren't made aware of our complimentary coffee/espresso offering in the morning and have reminded the Front Desk team to mention this as one of the many complimentary amenities available to our guests.
Thank you again for your kind feedback; we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel seemed exceptionally busy with meetings, receptions, weddings but never once did the staff seem stressed or inattentive as a result. Trio restaurant is full of great food and excellent service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Friendly staff, very nice room, very comfortable overall. Love the coffee bar in the morning and the walking/running trail around the lake. This is a great hotel in Austin and I look forward to staying there again.