“Beautiful weekend”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #8 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Once again, our stay at the Four Seasons Austin did not disappoint. We stayed in a newly renovated lakeside room with a perfect view of Lady Bird Lake. The service, from room service, the spa, lobby lounge and reception is stellar. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Lake view if possible
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Kelbelcraft,

Greetings from Austin! Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and for the wonderful remarks. I’m so glad you had the opportunity to experience our newly renovated room, and all the incredible amenities that go with it. As you noted, the incredible room, matched by the impeccable service and offerings make for stellar stay. On behalf of the team, we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Warm regards,
Rob Hagelberg
Hotel General Manager

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Austin

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I work in film production and am constantly utilizing the Four Seasons Austin for Meeting Space and Guest Rooms. They, without fail deliver 100%. The group sales staff, the front desk managers and the F&B folk are top notch pros. I have always had an A+ experience. I highly recommend for any type of event, business or pleasure travel!

Room Tip: Lake View is always best
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Having stayed at the Four Seasons George V in Paris, as well as other international locations, I am aware of the heights to which this brand can reach. That said, I am familiar with this brand and am rating this property average for a few reasons:

1) In general, it's a below average property for the Four Seasons brand in my opinion.
2) The hotel is under construction. We stayed on the 8th floor and were advised of it. It is what it is, especially since they put us in 8th floor rooms that had already been renovated; however, construction started promptly at 8am on Saturday morning despite being told at check-in it would not start until 10am.
3) Speaking of renovations, our rooms were covered in blue painters tape that were clearly meant to show construction marks ups for the contractor. This is not appropriate for a Four Seasons property under any circumstances.

For all I know, this could be the best hotel in Austin. I have not stayed any where else in that downtown. And, on a positive note, I found that the staff we interacted with were friendly and had appropriate attention to detail. The location is also fairly convenient for our purposes.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank luxurytraveler2012
fsaustin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear luxurytraveler2012,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback from your recent stay. While it is wonderful to learn that you found various aspects appealing - such as the convenient location and service oriented and friendly staff, I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your overall expectations. As a frequent guest of the brand, I am truly sorry that you did not experience the same synergy found at other properties. I have shared your review with our executive team so that we may address the specific areas mentioned immediately. As you noted, we are upon completion of our newly renovated luxury guest rooms. Our intention is to always exceed our guests expectations - between the intuitive service, accommodations, and unique offerings, the experience is our top priority. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to regain your trust in the hotel in the near future.

Beverly Magee
Hotel Manager
beverly.magee@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Time and time again they've proven to be one of the best hotels in town. They have impeccable service and it's located in a prime spot in town. The lake is right next door and great restaurants and bars are within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Before Austin blew up as the hippest town in America, the 4 Seasons was considered far and away the best hotel in the Live Music Capital of the World. Now, even with all the other boutique and major hotel competition in town, the Four Seasons still comes out on top. World class service, luxurious accommodations and a prime location on the river between everything that is happening downtown, the 2nd Street District and South Congress (aka SoCo), there is no better place to spend a weekend, week or longer while you are in Austin. You're also right on the hike and bike trail so you can get your workout on with all the other Austin locals and at sunset during certain times of the year, watch the infamous bats fly out from beneath the Congress Avenue Bridge. While you'll probably be out and about exploring all the kooky charms Austin has to offer, the spa and restaurant in the Four Seasons are also worth checking out!

Room Tip: Befriend the front desk staff.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Eli K,

Thanks for sharing great feedback from your March visit with us. We appreciate the warm praise regarding all aspects of the hotel – from the world-class service to luxurious accommodations and dining, you captured the essence of the property perfectly. Our team takes great pride in ensuring our guests have an incredible stay, both while at the hotel and while out exploring Austin’s unique culture. Great to learn you witnessed the bats beneath the Congress Avenue. That is a must-see for anyone visiting Austin. Thanks again for sharing the wonderful tips and positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards,
Rob Hagelberg
Hotel General Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here with my wife for my birthday and it was an amazing experience.
You feel like a v.i.p. from the moment you pull in the drive. The front desk staff were quick and very professional and had us up to our room in minutes. The room was clean and well appointed with a great view of Lady Bird Lake.
When we were ready to go out on the town we asked the concierge for a few suggestions and they recommended a great happy hour within walking distance and a restaurant to visit after.
It's great when the night ends and you have a Four Seasons bed to return to...the best sleep ever.
I can't wait until I have an excuse to go back!

Room Tip: Choose the lake view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel has everything. I have been for brunch in TRIO, which gives "bottomless mimosas" a whole new meaning when they refill your glass after two sips. I have done a staycation with my husband and almost wanted to order one of their beds upon my departure. The back lawn is like a tranquil oasis tucked away from the hub-bub of downtown - I could spend hours just sitting out there sipping on some wine. Most recently, I was there as part of a conference and received some of the most attentive and personalized service. I keep waiting to find something they don't do exceptionally well, and I just can't. I will certainly be back soon!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends