Mindspark Adventures and Escape Games
Review Highlights
Great teen birthday idea!!

My daughters had their birthday party here and all the kids had a blast doing the Zombie room. The... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Amy P
Austin
Best Birthday for teens

We had my son's 16th birthday here. The staff was amazing with a group of rowdy teens. I can't... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$37.90
from US$49.00
from US$55.00
More Info
All reviews zombie room virtual reality three rooms seconds to spare whole family fun experience a lot of fun houdini butler actors realistic puzzles gamers geeks brain graphic blast
Reviewed 14 August 2017

This was an awesome experience for me and my wife. We came here for our 16th anniversary to have a little fun before dinner and we had a great time. We did the Zombie room and we were the only ones besides the zombie and Mrs. P. The characters played their roles very well and we congratulate them on a wonderful performance and assistance during our attempted escape. This room was very well laid out and the puzzles were very clever. It really makes you think that not every puzzle in the room is there to help you. there are some puzzles that are there to waste your time and keep your mind off of the ultimate goal. To ESCAPE..!! Very well done and we will come back to try out the other rooms as well. Thanks again to the staff and everyone was very professional and courteous throughout our time here.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I was very excited about checking out Mindsparks as I have done one escape room before at another venue. It is great to compare escape rooms and share the experience with others. This experience was even more interesting since I didn't know everyone who was in my group. My other escape room I attended was when my family was in town and we took up the whole room. This time, I had to quickly learn to communicate with other people I didn't know in order to help solve the room. It is different with my family since we basically just yelled at each other the whole time. haha

My group had signed up for the zombie room and before entering we watched a quick video on dos and don'ts about the rooms. Basically, don't kill the zombie, don't move large objects around, etc.

Upon entering the room, there were two actors, one of the actors was quick witted and will be sure to call you out on your mistakes. The other actor is a zombie who is attached to a chain. Every so often his chain is released allowing his reach to get longer. If he touches you at all during the game you are forced to have a "time out" in the corner like a two year who misbehaved.

The room is solvable and apparently, it is one of their easiest rooms. What makes this room hard is dodging the zombie while you are figuring out clues.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We had a great time last night in the Terminal room! I think we are spoiled now this this being our first escape room. The competition may not be able to live up to the Mindspark standard!! Very realistic, challenging and entertaining!

I will mimic what another reviewer said in that it is dark in this challenge and we had difficultly with the locks because of that. We had 10 people in our challenge (some full figured) and it was a bit crowded in the rooms. The clues are too hard for kids IMO, so I would not bring anyone under 12.

No spoilers here but a bit of advice - if you are going to ask for a clue, pay attention to the smallest details in the video clues. I busted a blood vessel on one of my hands trying a clue over and over because I wasn't doing it exactly right. The instructional video you get in the beginning says that you will not use clues room to room. That is not exactly true and you will be going back and forth between rooms. Since following that rule hampered our ability to get a couple of the clues, I mentioned that to the staff after the solution de-brief. They apologized and said they would make sure to correct or clarify in the orientation. (so just in case that doesn't happen...you heard it here) :-)

We got to about 90% but did not get out. There were 2 clues that I know we never would have gotten because of the difficulty or the time it would have taken to complete the cycle. But that is what makes it fun and challenging!!! We are absolutely fine with it. We had an truly wonderful time and would do it again in a heartbeat!! LOVE Mindspark!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I came with a group of nine to Mindspark Escape Games. We had a blast! The rooms are really amazing. We did Terminal and were blown away to realize that the subway we were in actually shook as it "crashed" and we searched to escape into the station. In the end the room was really challenging and fun for everyone as we solved the puzzles and tried to uncover the conspiracy.

I was a little worried to go to Mindspark because it didn't seem to have as many reviews as other escape rooms, but I am so glad to have given it a chance. We will definitely be returning for the other two rooms!

Reviewed 30 July 2017