“Good Location and Value”

HYATT house Austin / Arboretum
Ranked #29 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 November 2011

If you are looking for a comfortable and clean suite hotel in Austin this is a great choice. Excellent location just off Freeway.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank seanmage
hyattssaustin, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Thank you so much for the response, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and we wish you a Happy New Year,

There are newer reviews for HYATT house Austin / Arboretum

Reviewed 24 November 2011

We are staying at this hotel over Thanksgiving and are very happy. The rooms are small (we are in a 1br king suite) but our family of 2 adults and 2 boys under 5 has everything we need. The hotel might be new, although it doesn't appear so on the outside. Inside, however, there has been an obvious recent renovation. Carpet and appliances are all very clean and in working order. Staff has been incredibly friendly and we got a great price through an online travel site. We are right in the middle of the Arboretum shopping/dining area and can easily get to 2-3 major highways to get around Austin. It's not a luxury hotel by any means, but it's a great value for a clean, affordable, comfortable and convenient week long stay.

Room Tip: The main building faces Capital of TX Hwy and you can get a lot of road noise. The back buildings ar...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
hyattssaustin, Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response, we really appreciate the feedback. I would however like to know what you feel would make us more luxiourious in your eyes that is the biggest impact? I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great Christmas and Happy New Year.

brian.long@hyatt.com

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I had reservations of staying at this property because of an earlier review reporting bed bugs that was never verified. Our family occupied four rooms to attend a family wedding and found the rooms and the overall hotel spic and span, quiet, comfortable beds and a very courteous staff. I found the GM both working in the kitchen and installing a new printer in the business center within a two hour period. A breakfast buffet is offered with both hot and cold items along with fruit, breads and juices to start off your day and the hotel is located close to shopping, restaurants with easy access to the expressway.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond on your visit. I apologize it has taken so long for the thanks as I have been locked out of the response option for about two months. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and we appreciate the positive posting.

Reviewed 22 October 2011

I always use this hotel when I trip to Austin.
This hotel has a laundry room,so I can wash my clothes by myself. And also has not only laundry wash machine but also drying tumbler.
Talking about the meal, complementary breakfast is served, and if I want to buy and cook something, Gateway shopping center is located in 5minutes by foot, and have a easy kitchen in the room.
There is a free internet service. But in my room, wireless connection is unstable, so I can't access to the information on the internet which I want to access. This is a bad point.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank YukihitoHARA
Hyatt1234, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, we continously look for ways to improve the quality in the eyes of the customer. I will work with my IT team and try and troubleshoot the scenario you experienced on the internet and we will come up with a good solution. Again I appreciate your feedback,

SIncerely,

Brian Long GM

Reviewed 14 October 2011

we stayed for four nights in a suite, it was quite clean and spacious in space. Well equipped including big TV screen. The staff was friendly and professional. Breakfast was good. we did not use the pool but it looked clean though small. I f you do have your own car choose this location.

Room Tip: a suite can sleep 3
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

I appreciate the review, I see that you had trouble with no transportation and we realized that as we started to grow. We have now added daily shuttle from m-f in the hours of 7am-11am and 4pm-10pm. We hope you will return and get to enjoy it. I appreciate your time in completing an online review and hope to see you again,

Brian Long (GM)

Reviewed 29 September 2011

While we normally book most hotels via the "Name Your Own Price" opaque booking websites we had specifically selected this Summerfield Suites hotel because we were travelling with a granddaughter and wanted to be assured of a second bed and liked the idea of the kitchenette with a fridge, free breakfast - and their special weekend rate at the time was close enough to what we could expect to pay by bidding - but then not knowing the specific hotel in advance. It was well worth it. Rooms have ample space, kitchen is fully equipped, and breakfast choices were tasty and varied slightly each day. We had called ahead and asked for a quiet location - which we got (toward the parking lot away from the major street.) We slept very well. The AC and free Internet worked well too. The outdoor pool is very small and shallow but it was still good to use as daily temperatures during our stay were in the 105F range. Some shopping and a restaurant is within a 2-minute drive, one could even walk it. Since we only stayed 3 weekend nights we could not try the evening hospitality hour which they have only during weekend nights when room rates are higher.

Room Tip: Call ahead to let them know your room/bed preference, such as quiet location, type of bed(s).
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank askjens

THank you so much for your review, hopefully you and the family got to enjoy Austin. Have a great New Year and Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 26 September 2011

I was fairly happy with my stay at the Hyatt. There were some minor annoyances like random plugs not working in the room, but the price was nice and the room was spacious with a kitchen area. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Budgje

Thank you for your response, we have taken the outlet situation and made sure we continue to make changes to the room as they were built on a light switch and for that I am so sorry. I wanted you to know we appreciate your response and the positive review and look forward to your return visit,

SIncerely,