We stayed at the hotel with 3 small children. I will compile a list of pros and cons below...
PRO's - 1. staff was very friendly and helpful. We asked for a late checkout due to a sick child and it was granted to us no questions asked and no time limit given. We also left an item in the room, I called back 1 week later and they mailed it to me (at their expense) very promptly.
2. Rooms were very nice and spacious. Travelling with 3 small kids (6,4,2) we need the suite layout and this worked very well. There are two seperate flat panel tv's - one for the bedroom and one for the living area (many "suite" hotels have 1 tv on a swivel that can be viewed from both areas). Bathroom was of good size, not large, but big enough. Cureved shower curtain rod, full length mirror on closet door. Bed was very comfortable. Kitchen was fully stocked with dishware. Don't forget to turn on your ice maker in your freezer as there are no ice machines for public use. The room had the typical Hyatt modern, clean decor. We were pleased with the room.
CON's...1) this property layout is comprised of several independent buildings...once you check in at the front, you must drive around to your building and park. I think there were 3 or 4 buildings. As a result, you have to walk through the parking lot to get to the pool or breakfast area. All buildings are two stories and located righ on Capital of Texas Hwy (road noise) with apartment buildings on the other side. There are several "suite" or extended stay hotels in the area. You are not walking distance from anything. They list this property as "arboretum", but it is not that close or easy to get to (on foot). With your car, you are located in a good place...between 183 and Mopac 1. Location and grounds are decent, but not anything special.
2. Swimming Pool....this is a joke. It is a small pool located in a corner of the parking lot, right next to the busy street. It is fenced in with two gates, but there is nothing relaxing about this pool. Pool is small square with 4 feet max depth. While we were there, there was someone giving swimming lessons to a group of small kids in the pool one evening. Who gets/gives swimming lessons at a hotel pool? They are short on chairs and lounges and towels. Really a very weak attribute of this hotel.
3. Breakfast - food was average, low supply of all foods including silverware. Very small eating space - very small - closes down at 9:30 (or maybe 9:00am).
Bottom line, the cleanliness of the room, the helpfulness of the staff makes this place above average, but it is not special. If you are looking for a place to relax with your family, this is not it as the pool is terrible and it is located right on a main street. For a business traveler, this hotel is acceptable.
I just expected more from Hyatt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt house Austin/Arboretum has been renovated! Located in the upscale Arboretum area of North Austin, our new hotel features pet-friendly suites with all the comforts of home. You'll love our free perks including superfast WiFi, Morning Spread(R) breakfast with made-your-way omelet bar and weekday shuttle making stops within a 5 mile radius. In addition to the Arboretum shops, several other shopping centers are nearby including the Simon(R) Domain Mall, The Gateway Mall, Lakeline Mall, and Highland and Barton Creek Square Mall. We're also just 10 miles from buzzing downtown Austin. For the business traveler, our northwest Austin location is conveniently located near the JJ Pickle UT Research Center, IBM and Apple. After your busy day in Austin, come back and relax in your suite equipped with a full kitchen, separate living area with sofa and flat-screen TV. Mingle with your neighbors at our new H Bar serving hand-crafted cocktails, yummy dinner menu and even cupcakes. We've also got an outdoor pool and 24-hour fitness center so you can keep your routine rolling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your HYATT house Austin / Arboretum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Austin / Arboretum Hotel Austin
- HYATT House Austin / Arboretum Texas