“Fun location and atmosphere.”

aloft Austin at the Domain
Ranked #82 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

Last minute stay. Pleasantly surprised with venue. Only disappointment was the lack of a view from the room.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Two friends and I stayed in this hotel over the weekend. When first reading the reviews, we were a bit unsure. However, upon arrival, we were feeling more positive. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The grounds and room were clean and the location wonderful. The bartender, Greg, was absolutely FANTASTIC! We read a lot of reviews stating that the ACs were loud and the walls were thin. We did not have those issues. Overall, the only thing to complain about is that we didn't get to stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed at this property for an extended date night "staycation" to go dining and shopping at the Domain. It's extremely convenient to walk to restaurants, bars and enjoy yourself in an upscale urban area without downtown hassles of parking and taxis. The hotel is clean, modern and hip. We had a decent size room, which was a little larger because it was a handicapped accessible room. Got a good rate through AAA and we enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The first time I came to stay here I was impressed, I loved the atmosphere and the overall design of the hotel. I had no issues. They had a gym that wasn't big but had the basic equipment and they were pretty new. The staff was also very helpful and friendly.

However, the second time around, I reserved for King's Bed, the staff that met me downstairs did not even mention that all the King's were already taken and that they only had double queens available. So low and behold I came to my room and just saw two beds, went downstairs again and asked the staff and she informed that that was what I reserved for. I went back to my room to look at my emails (since I did not have a printout) and I DID RESERVE FOR A KING. When I went downstairs again for the second time, I was told that the reservation is sort of like telling them your preference but it's not guaranteed. That doesn't even make sense. But the fact that the staff lied to me the first time around, really peeved me. Just admit period. That's all.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This place didn't cut it for me. It reminded me of a college dorm room, complete with the Ikea furniture, noise and college students running the front desk. If you do end up staying here, make sure you're on the other end of the hotel as far away from the bar/restaurant downstairs as possible. It's packed every night and very loud until about 1 AM. Between the noise and the really uncomfortable beds and pillows, I don't think I was able to sleep more than about 4 hrs. a night the three nights I was there. Also, be prepared to live out of your suitcase - there are no drawers or anything else for your clothes, just a few small shelves in the bathroom and a tiny closet that has a small curtain to pull across it. I was traveling alone on business and really didn't have enough room for anything; can't imagine staying here with my wife or any kids.

Room Tip: Stay far away from The Park bar downstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The aloft is a very modern and fairly new hotel. The rooms are in a very good size with a modern interior. What is a bit annoying in my opinion is the pretty noisy air conditioning and HVAC system. But this is probably normal in the US. But besides the rooms are very spacy with modern bath and very clean.
The breakfast area is like a small kiosk with food to buy. Getting a cappuccino was a challenge but the staff was quite helpful but unable to solve. As a European I prefer a breakfast area where people can sit down. But that is another cultural thing.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2012

aloft Austin at the Domain is somewhat pricey considering what you get for the money – self parking only on an outdoor lot, snack bar instead of a full service restaurant, tiny closet, no drawers (?). This is a place meant for business travelers but there were plenty of families staying here during the weekend of our visit. Rooms are minimalist but very comfortable – however, our room had a view of nearby empty lots and construction. I will say that the main advantage of this particular hotel is that it is very conveniently located adjacent to a high end shopping center and restaurants. And there is a really nice sports bar next door where my husband can hang out while I go shopping at Neiman Marcus across the street.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple