AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Ranked #21 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Saratoga Springs, New York
“AT&T Rocks”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed here for a three day conference and will say it's a very nice hotel. The staff all helpful and courteous. The food for the conference was delicious....loved the tomato basil cream soup for lunch! The conference hosted a meet and greet the first evening and the h'orderves were delicious and again the staff very cordial. The beds were ok...not as comfortable as I had high hopes for...pillows were awesome!

Room Tip: I was on the seventh floor and there was some noise not too bad.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
London
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and I stayed over the weekend for our first ever visit to Austin. The hotel was within walking distance to the State Capitol as well as the Bob Bullock Texas states history museum (which we loved). The only downfall is that it's quite a walk to 6th Street and South Congress so plan on catching a bus or cab if your trip entails these destinations.

As for the hotel itself? I simply cannot fault it. Small details like sulphate-free shampoo and conditioners make a nice change from the cheap all-in-ones that hotels usually supply. Our check in receptionist was genuinely friendly and we appreciated it immensely.

Although best for stays that revolve around conferences and the university, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel for tourism as well and would certainly return should we visit Austin again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 10 May 2012

spent about 5 nights for competition. Everything is good except the food especially room service.
The food quality, just a simple cheese burget still awful. The room is new, staffs are helpful.I love all the space both indoor and outdoor which very useful when we need a break from our work.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Washington, DC
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I've been to many conference centers and this is among the best. It is LEED Platinum and the "walk the walk" in their use of biodegradable and recyclable products. The rooms are very nice. The food was excellent, with something for everyone from vegans to carnivores!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I recently attended a conference and found the staff extremely friendly, professional, and accommodating of my medical need for a gluten free diet. Both on-site restaurants took care to ensure I didn't end up in hospital....and an added bonus...the food was not just safe but excellent...

My only regret is that I didn't stay longer and do laps in the out-door pools. I hope to have an excuse to visit again.

1 Thank Hypatia18
Dallas
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I was here with my husband for a conference and for the first time at this hotel/conference center. Once you learn your way around, it is actually quite efficient for a meeting location. The conference center seems top notch. The sleep rooms,however, need improvement. The lights in the bathroom are terrible. My husband could not see to shave and I could not see to put on makeup. Our room had a balcony and that was nice with comfy chairs outside. But, we only had two desk chairs inside the room... No sofa nor lounge chair. Brunch was delicious at the Carillion and Gabriel's has a new menu.

• Stayed April 2012
UT_Hotel, Manager at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear JoInTexas,
You will be happy to know for your next stay that we have just ordered new shades and lamps for the bathroom vanities that will increase the lighting at the mirror. While we do have lighted make-up mirrors in all rooms, there is a need for more light. Give us a little time to get them in and installed, but we heard you and are addressing it!
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I attended a conference being held at AT&T Conference Center and was very impressed with the center. The facility was immaculate and very well-decorated. The conference food was the best I have ever had at a conference and some of the best I have had in many restaurants. The staff was first rate and very professional. Kudo's to the staff and chefs!

This is very centrally located and just down the street from the UT campus. I understand there were a number of nice restaurants around, though I didn't get a chance to do anything other than take a couple of walks around the area.

The room was OK. My room overlooked the street and some street noise came through a few times. I was on the 6th floor, so it wasn't enough to wake me up, but enough to be distracting when I was working in my room. The walls between rooms were not very well insulated. The first morning, my neighbor woke and yawned loudly, and I could clearly hear them. The room on the other side started banging the headboard against the wall at 5am the next morning, so I started my day early again that day. (Evidently so did they!)

The room was comfortable though not large. Desk, chair, 2 beds, and a strange arrangement of a large round table with a single coffee pot on it. It took up a lot of space, and didn't seem to serve any useful purpose. There was a small refrigerator and a safe in the room. Nice robes with the long-horn steer logo on them were a nice touch.

The bathroom was very small. Think just enough room to turn around when getting out of the shower. A couple of hand bars in the shower would have been nice when getting out in a limited space.

The room was very well cleaned and comfortable despite the noise. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for something overlooking the garden area and not the street.