We spent one night at the ATT Hotel and found it to be adequate, but nothing particularly special. I’m hard pressed to explain why this hotel can be so expensive. Checking several dates, it looks like room rates run around $250 for a standard room when UT is in session, a bit less during school breaks. Parking was an additional $16 per day. Free wi-fi and ATT Uverse TV are included.
Our room was comfortable and spotlessly clean. The beds were a little too firm for our taste, but impeccably made up. The room seemed a little small but was still comfortable. There was no seating other than a single desk chair and no table, so it’s not ideal if you like to eat in your room. The bathroom with tub/shower combo and toilet was very small. The vanity area was very pretty and spacious enough. Lighted makeup mirror and hair dryer were provided.
We did not have a view. Our window was partially blocked by a tree, and overlooked the pool and and buildings across the street. If you walked outside the front door of the hotel, you could see the UT tower if you looked north, and the top of the capitol dome if you looked south.
The lobby was spacious and furnished nicely. There is also a courtyard which looked welcoming and had outdoor seating. We were there in December so the pool was not in use. From our window, it looked small and shallow. It appeared to be marked at 3.5 foot depth at both ends.
We interacted with staff only at check-in and check-out during our short overnight stay. They were friendly and efficient, but it was a pretty ordinary, uneventful process. We did not require or receive anything more. Again, although the staff were perfectly nice, there was nothing special or remarkable about our stay.
It is very easy to find the hotel, just a few blocks from I-35, an easy drive down MLK Boulevard. We didn’t spend much time driving around the area, so I’m not sure about nearby eateries, but we did find a Taco Cabana just a block or so down the street where we got some breakfast tacos. The hotel is right on the edge of the UT campus so it’s convenient to the stadium and pretty much anything on campus. It’s about 6 blocks to walk to the capitol, and about 13 blocks to 6th Street.
We had to go to our car quite late at night to retrieve a forgotton item, and heard a very loud party in a room near the elevator. Someone must have reported it, because by the time we got back from the garage, 2 staff members were at the door of the room addressing the noise problem.
I probably won’t stay here again. The room just was not that special and does not seem to warrant the price. We got the room on Hotwire for a bit less than the hotel website offered and it was a very slow night when we were there, but I would definitely not pay $250 an night for this stay. Perhaps it would be worth it for if you are attending an event on campus or at the hotel conference center, if having that convenience is very important to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center is located in the heart of Austin, offering hotel rooms, meeting space and fine dining. HOTEL Featuring 276 guest rooms and 21 suites onsite, the hotel offers inspiring views of The University of Texas at Austin's Main Tower, the Texas State Capitol, and our serene central courtyard. Room technologies and guest amenities make your stay for either business or pleasure equally enjoyable. MEETINGS Forty thousand square feet of meeting space offers 37 rooms ranging from a multimedia amphitheatre and divisible 10,000-square-foot ballroom to tiered and traditional classrooms with superior connectivity, plus breakout rooms to support small group work. Wireless access throughout the facility and exceptional presentation and audio/visual features provide answers to your conference planning challenges. CELEBRATIONS The Grand Ballroom is situated in the heart of Austin and Texas Hill County. Our coveted location allows us to exemplify elegance combined with a little Texas flare. Our award winning culinary staff and our AAA Four Diamond service will offer you endless choices for your wedding reception that are both skillfully crafted and sinfully delicious. DINING Delivered with platinum service and a conscience for sustainability, our variety of exceptional dining spaces will have you savoring every moment you're here. Join us at The Carillon, Gabriel's Cafe, or One Twenty 5 Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At&t Executive Education Hotel Austin
- At And t Executive Education And Conference Center
- AT&T Executive Education And Conference Center Austin, Texas