Certainly not the most luxurious hotel I've every stayed in, but I'd call it very nice. Not a knock on the property, as the purpose is more geared for executive education and conference business associated with UT School of Business.
The rooms were large and came with everything you'd expect from a decent hotel. I was there for an executive education class, so went to dinner by myself. I tried to eart at the "high end" restaurant, but they weren't taking walk ins, so I went to the cafe and was pleasantly surprised. I had the Salmon with pesto sause and chick pea salad and both were excellent. The service was excellent. In fact, the service throughout the Hotel was supurb: I believe the employees are in the school of business studying hospitality. Really excellent, four seasons caliber staff. It was a treat.
There were a couple of small, small things that kept me from giving it an excellent rating, however. First, the bed was either not a high caliber bed, or I was simply not used to it's composition. In either case, it wasn't very comfortable. The second issue was the gym. It was small. One of the 3 treadmills wasn't working, and the others were occupied, so I worked out with free-weights and the training machines, one of which was not working. Overall I had to stretch my imagination to get a workout in with the small space and machinery that was provided. In the grand scheme of things, those two issues feel like I'm splitting hairs, but they were the difference, for me, between very good and excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center is located in the heart of Austin, offering hotel rooms, meeting space and fine dining. HOTEL Featuring 276 guest rooms and 21 suites onsite, the hotel offers inspiring views of The University of Texas at Austin's Main Tower, the Texas State Capitol, and our serene central courtyard. Room technologies and guest amenities make your stay for either business or pleasure equally enjoyable. MEETINGS Forty thousand square feet of meeting space offers 37 rooms ranging from a multimedia amphitheatre and divisible 10,000-square-foot ballroom to tiered and traditional classrooms with superior connectivity, plus breakout rooms to support small group work. Wireless access throughout the facility and exceptional presentation and audio/visual features provide answers to your conference planning challenges. CELEBRATIONS The Grand Ballroom is situated in the heart of Austin and Texas Hill County. Our coveted location allows us to exemplify elegance combined with a little Texas flare. Our award winning culinary staff and our AAA Four Diamond service will offer you endless choices for your wedding reception that are both skillfully crafted and sinfully delicious. DINING Delivered with platinum service and a conscience for sustainability, our variety of exceptional dining spaces will have you savoring every moment you're here. Join us at The Carillon, Gabriel's Cafe, or One Twenty 5 Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelClick, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At And t Executive Education And Conference Center
- At&t Executive Education Hotel Austin
- AT&T Executive Education And Conference Center Austin, Texas