“Pricey but a great hotel if you are doing anything at/near UT”

AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Ranked #23 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 8 April 2013

A very nice, upscale hotel that is owned by the Univ. Texas Austin, (name was leased to AT&T and is run by an outside service). Service was friendly and the rooms were very well appointed and comfortable. The AT&T cable service in each room had thousands of channels, the restaurants in the hotel were delicious and the location cant be beat. We were in town for the NCAA tournament and it was an easy walk to the Erwin center. It is however a trek to Sixth street and many of the restaurants so we ended up cabbing it a few times. If you have a car you MUST drive out to Salt Lick BBQ (approx. 30 mins away) its worth the drive!

Overall a great facility, a bit pricey but worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I loved this hotel! We came here for the Austin City Limits 2012 music festival. It was one of the few hotels still on the list. We didn't know what to expect, just that it was on the edge of U. Texas. The room was great, spacious, modern, clean quiet, super comfortable bed, and a great bathroom. They had free wifi, and the TV had every cable channel EXCEPT Fox News (which was funny, b/c is that even legal in Texas?) :D Nice restaurant and very nice staff. It was not walking to distance to the Downtown areas we needed, but it was very short drives. Driving everywhere seems the norm, and parking is not a big deal. I loved the outdoor sitting areas and conference rooms, if I were a student I would take advantage of studying here (if they're allowed. Maybe not). If you a want a mature place to sleep after a whole day of music and mud in the outdoors, this is it. We would stay here again. Not very $$ for all you get.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I have to say that this hotel has the most friendliest staff I've dealt with. I enjoyed my time here. The room was nice and clean, the bed was comfortable. Everything about our stay here was great! We would definitely keep this place on mind if we ever plan a vacation to Texas.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My wife, son, and I stayed at the AT&T Conference Center one night for a UT campus visit. The location is great for this purpose, as it is right on the campus, so you can leave your car parked and just walk to where you need to go. The hotel is easy to get to from I-35. The staff, most of whom I am guessing are UT students, are all very friendly and knowledgeable. Check in and out was easy. We used the garage parking ($16), which is also very easy and convenient. Valet parking is also available for ~ $21-22.

The room was clean and laid out well. I read in some other reviews that the beds were not comfortable. While they are certainly not as plush as you would find at some high end Marriotts or Hiltons, we found them to be just fine and none of us had any trouble sleeping. The rooms are not exceptionally big, but we had plenty of space and did not feel crowded.

We did not eat in the restaurants, except to grab some breakfast cereal to go in the morning. The waiter there was very accommodating and helpful with that. The restaurants all look good, though, and the breakfast buffet in the Carillon looked like what you would get at a high end hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2013

If you are going to the university, the location is on campus. Very nice and roomy. Clean and new. The employees are very polite and helpful. We did not eat in the restaurants, but they look good and were relatively crowded.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2013

The reservations and accounting departments have been NO HELP in fixing a billing error on their part. After calling to cancel a reservation, I learned I would be charged a cancelation fee. Because this was for business (taking clients to sxsw), I found another colleague who could use the room, and IMMEDIATELY called to reinstate the room and "uncancel" my reservations. The rooms were reinstated under my colleagues name. I was told that I would be credited back the cancelation fee, but I never was. After calling to inquire about it, I was given the run-around, and no one has yet to credit me back, even though the rooms were used and billed to my colleagues who used them. I realize that this was an unusual request, but certainly it was not impossible to handle. The fact that I have had to call, and my colleagues have had to call, numerous times, and this still isn't resolved is uncalled for. I have contacted my credit card company and will be fighting these charges.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
UT_Hotel, Manager at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear bk012316:

We appreciate you sharing the feedback about your experience. I wish it was a better one though. We do have certain guidelines and restrictions in place for high demand times in the city, but without looking at the exact reservation you're referring to I cannot say exactly what happened. I invite you to contact me directly to help you work through this and get it resolved.

Tom Rice
Hotel Manager
512-404-1900

Reviewed 27 March 2013

My friends and I took a trip to Austin for the NCAA basketball games this past weekend and stayed at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center. The service was excellent and the staff was very friendly and accomodating making our trip most enjoyable. Special thanks to Keith for assisting us with our trip and plans for a great weekend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends