“Fits purpose”

AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Ranked #22 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had a one night stay in Austin and needed a convenient stay. Nothing particular about the space..it functions, and that's good. Would have liked a better policy on parking...i.e. that it was included.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ellehoj

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Located on the campus of The University of Texas at Austin this hotel is a gem. The staff are incredibly friendly and knowledgable about the surrounding area or their areas of expertise. The bartenders are particularly strong when it comes to describing the local craft beers or products from the micro distilleries popping up in Austin. The rooms are clean, modern and come equipped with private phone numbers and AT&T U-Verse. The hotel's location is close to such attractions as the Bullock Museum, Blandon and Ransom not to mention DKR Stadium and the Erwin Center. From the hotel's front door one can see both the UT Tower and the state capital. The hotel is also a short cab ride from the Sixth and Fourth Street entertainment districts. I always stay at this property when visiting Austin.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 26 November 2013

If you are going to anything at the University of Texas, this is the place to stay, as it is right on the campus itself. It is just to the north of downtown Austin. Overall the staff is friendly and the rooms are clean and spacious. If you don't want to stay right in downtown Austin, this is a good close alternative. One of the things I like about the rooms, since they are ATT, is that you get the ATT U-Verse TV service - including the DVR service. So you can setup shows to record to watch, just like you were at home. But there is so much to do in Austin you won't spend a lot of time there. Just a few blocks down is a stop for the bus service, which is cheap, quick and an easy way to get downtown.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was my first time in Austin TX and I am recommending this hotel for great location, service and stay. The hotel is located right at the edge of the University of Texas, "Hook em' Longhorns" and just at the base of the Clock Tower which is well known. The hotel offers great concierge services and has two restaurants and an outdoor bar for drinks. The rooms are very quiet and here is a large, clean and well equipped workout area. You are a $10 cab ride to most restaurants but if you feel like walking I made it easily to South Congress which is a great experience. Enjoy!

Room Tip: The 7th floor is very quiet!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Nice hotel right next to UT University. My husband was here for a conference and it is really spacious with both indoor and outdoor areas for large groups. I was able to walk to the TX History museum which is close by. If you want to get to the downtown Sixth St. area , it's a $10 cab ride (including tip) one-way. There's also a city bus stop that goes from SOCO thru downtown to Guadalupe St. and W. 20th Street where you can then walk a very short distance to the hotel entrance. Bus costs $1. Rooms are nice with in-room safes, coffee makers, etc. All the employees were very friendly from the bartender @ Gabriel's to the front desk, valets, cashier @ the Spirit Gift shop and OneTwenty5 Coffee Bar. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Pitiful! I've stayed in many hotel rooms and I have never experienced such paper thin walls. We could actually make out the words our neighbors were speaking. Our wake up call was the sound of one of them coughing. And that was followed by multiple sounds of running water presumably from people's showers. Our sink kept making a gurgling sounds as water passed through the pipes. If you're going to stay here, wear some heavy duty ear plugs.

We arrived at our room at approximately 2 o'clock on a Saturday and we noticed a few dirty dishes in the hallway. Nobody was capable of cleaning them and they remained there until at least noon the next day when we were leaving. I'm not interested in looking at other people's mess on the way to and from my room. Nor do I care for the laziness that allows this to occur.

Upon paying my bill at checkout, I was not informed by the front desk that we need a separate card to be able to exit the parking garage. So of course when we tried to leave, the gate wanted payment although I had already paid for parking at the front desk. If the front desk attendant sees that I'm paying for parking, I feel like it's his or her responsibility to make sure I have the necessary card to be able to exit the garage. But I guess once the hotel has my money, why bother...

I have never posted a review about anything ever. But this disappointing hotel stay compelled me to do so. It was definitely NOT WORTH the nightly fee. I will say the room itself was very clean and looked nice.

• Stayed: October 2013
UT_Hotel, Manager at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear PKInfinity,

I'm so sorry that you did not have a great experience with us and it lead you to writing your first review. There are no excuses for the lapses in service you experienced, but by letting us know we are able to use your feedback as training topics for our staff. We do hope you will give us another chance so that you can have the great experience that so many others have had.

Tom Rice
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel was lovely and all our events were very well- managed. Rooms were clean and well-appointed with one rather serious exception. The coffee they provide in the room to brew is really, really bad. I couldn't drink it and I'm usually desperate enough to struggle thru one cup until I can find something else. Not this stuff. I recommend eliminating the in room coffee service altogether or at least get coffee that is drinkable

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business