We live in Austin but are temporarily living out of town while we build a house, hence the reason for our stay.
I 'named my own price' for downtown Austin and we ended up staying here for our bid.
If you like the college scene and don't care if your not on the 'weird' side of things in ATX then, by all means, stay here.
The room was decent, we didn't hear our neighbors and we had a fantastic view from the 7th floor of the UT Tower. We had an issue with our tv that was fixed promptly by the technician on duty. The balcony is 'standing room' only and the shower made an awful, whirring noise but that's really my only room complaint aside from the daily parking fee. I really, really hate paying parking or resort fees!
The hotel staff were friendly and the valet/concierge easily answered my questions.
The location is lacking though unless you are attending a UT function of some sort. I would have rather been on the south end of DT. That's where the action is at, in my opinion. Better restaurants, closer to the lake and better shopping in SOCO. I wouldn't choose this hotel for friends or family visiting the city as there are better choices closer to all of the things we love most about Austin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center is located in the heart of Austin, offering hotel rooms, meeting space and fine dining. HOTEL Featuring 276 guest rooms and 21 suites onsite, the hotel offers inspiring views of The University of Texas at Austin's Main Tower, the Texas State Capitol, and our serene central courtyard. Room technologies and guest amenities make your stay for either business or pleasure equally enjoyable. MEETINGS Forty thousand square feet of meeting space offers 37 rooms ranging from a multimedia amphitheatre and divisible 10,000-square-foot ballroom to tiered and traditional classrooms with superior connectivity, plus breakout rooms to support small group work. Wireless access throughout the facility and exceptional presentation and audio/visual features provide answers to your conference planning challenges. CELEBRATIONS The Grand Ballroom is situated in the heart of Austin and Texas Hill County. Our coveted location allows us to exemplify elegance combined with a little Texas flare. Our award winning culinary staff and our AAA Four Diamond service will offer you endless choices for your wedding reception that are both skillfully crafted and sinfully delicious. DINING Delivered with platinum service and a conscience for sustainability, our variety of exceptional dining spaces will have you savoring every moment you're here. Join us at The Carillon, Gabriel's Cafe, or One Twenty 5 Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TravelClick, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At And t Executive Education And Conference Center
- At&t Executive Education Hotel Austin
- AT&T Executive Education And Conference Center Austin, Texas