“Decent room, delicious food!”

AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Ranked #24 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I travel weekly for business and was at this hotel for a work conference. The room was sufficient for the business traveler with a nice in-room work space; higher-end toiletries; and decent pillows. The only big complaint: the AC was not working efficiently. I had to keep it on 65 (!) to keep the room at a cool temp in this hot Austin summer. The room I had on the 7th floor was quiet enough for sleep/work. If you get the chance, you should definitely eat at the Carrillon restaurant. I had breakfast there on Saturday and the buffet was delicious for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike...so many tasty options! I also had room service (salad with added grilled salmon) and the food and the service were both amazing. The location was great for an outdoor run through the UT grounds. All in all it was an OK hotel experience with a great hotel food experience.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Anita C, Public Relations Manager at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hello Amandahhh,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We're disappointed to hear the AC wasn't working efficiently and we will be sure to get that checked. Thank you for the comment about The Carillon. We regularly get compliments about the food and were pleased to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to have you here again!

Best,
Anita C.

There are newer reviews for AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We live in Austin but are temporarily living out of town while we build a house, hence the reason for our stay.

I 'named my own price' for downtown Austin and we ended up staying here for our bid.

If you like the college scene and don't care if your not on the 'weird' side of things in ATX then, by all means, stay here.

The room was decent, we didn't hear our neighbors and we had a fantastic view from the 7th floor of the UT Tower. We had an issue with our tv that was fixed promptly by the technician on duty. The balcony is 'standing room' only and the shower made an awful, whirring noise but that's really my only room complaint aside from the daily parking fee. I really, really hate paying parking or resort fees!

The hotel staff were friendly and the valet/concierge easily answered my questions.

The location is lacking though unless you are attending a UT function of some sort. I would have rather been on the south end of DT. That's where the action is at, in my opinion. Better restaurants, closer to the lake and better shopping in SOCO. I wouldn't choose this hotel for friends or family visiting the city as there are better choices closer to all of the things we love most about Austin.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at AT&T for a third year in a row for a conference. I called over a month and a half in advance, and thought I had booked three nights. I checked my email confirmation the week before the conference and noticed only two nights were listed. I called and reached a person only after being sent to two voicemails and my call being dropped once. The lady told me they indeed had several rooms, and in different categories available that night, but they refused to honor the conference rate even though I explained that I thought I had requested it for three nights. Not only would I have to move to a different room, but I would have to pay almost $100 more for that night. I called the Hampton Inn and would have gladly walked the few blocks, but they were full. The lady knew I had no choice if I wanted to attend that conference day. It's a shame that this beautiful hotel has that type of customer service. I'm sure I will attend the conference again in years to come. I will stay at the Hampton and walk or take the shuttle, whatever I have to do to avoid this hassle and cost again. Shame shame.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank melimo1017
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel with about 15 diffrent family memebers a total of 10 rooms this by far is one of the worst hotels I have stayed at. Room service was a joke. The restaurants down stairs were poor at best. The only people that know what is going on is the valet. I will never stay there again nor would I recommend it to anyone drive 5 more miles down the road to 12 other hotels that are better.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Icehouse86
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is the second time staying here. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. The conference rooms are up to date. However parking is $18 a day for hotel guest. The gym is sort of small, but if you go the right time then it's not a problem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the At&T conference center hotel in Austin over a portion of the Memorial Day weekend.It was great. I have stayed there in the past but had no idea that on the 6th floor there is a balcony that runs the length of the hotel. It is great to sit out and have a glass of wine and look out over the capital building. The staff is super nice and helpful and the on site restaurant is really good.

Room Tip: Book your room on the 6th floor and enjoy that balcony that runs the entire length of the hotel. Or...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jdgvjm
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights in a King Tower View room over Memorial Day weekend. I had heard good things about this hotel, but had never stayed before. Check-in was a breeze and the customer service - from the front desk to the cafe waiter - were all top notch. The location is perfect for a stroll around the University of Texas at Austin or anywhere downtown for that matter. The hotel is very new, has great amenities and is very clean. Hotel guests seem to be mostly couples of all ages - not too many kids on property. Restaurants looked good, but there are too many other Austin old-time favorites that we never ate on property. We will definitely be staying here again for weekend trips to Austin. Parking for $18 under the hotel is reasonable, but it would be nice if that were included in the room rate.

Room Tip: Tower rooms provide a great, unobstructed view of the UT tower (especially at night)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family