“AT&T Hotel Austin, TX” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 197 Hotels in Austin
texas
“AT&T Hotel Austin, TX”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very nice stay here.....room was super clean and nicely updated. Grounds were well kept, employees friendly and hotel very quiet, library quiet actually! lol! Located on the UT grounds and close to many bars, restraurants and shopping. Would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: I booked using priceline and got the room for about $100 cheaper a night than it usually is.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Tomball, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were in Austin for our youngest son to attend the Charlie Strong Football Camp (Hook 'Em!). This hotel is right on the UT campus, so if you have a lot of things going on there, this is an ideal spot to stay. While it comes off as more of a "conference center" than a hotel, it's still a fine hotel. The room itself was clean and nice -- nothing "fancy" per se (though I kinda expected it to be "fancy") -- and anyone staying will not be disappointed. All of the staff were friendly and helpful wherever you turned. If you like to workout while staying at a hotel like me, you'll find a nice, clean and roomy hotel gym. Plenty of cardio equipment as well as free weights (dumbbells) and machines. The only restaurant we visited was "Gabrielle's" which has a sports bar vibe. The food was really good and I'd recommend their turkey burgers and nachos. As well travel to Austin a lot, we'll certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anita C, Public Relations Manager at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hello, Cowboy_Bill_60,

We're pleased to hear you had such a positive experience with us, and thank you for writing a detailed and informative review. We hope your son enjoyed football camp also.

Hope we see you all again! Have a wonderful summer.

Best,
Anita C.
Vega Alta, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a business meeting and I was surprised by the service and elegance of the place even though is based at the University of Texas campus. One aspect that I thought was excesive was the $200 hold per day that the hotel charged for incidentals when the room cost was covered by the meeting being attended. Other than that the facilities were great for the meeting with excellent meeting rooms and F&B areas.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I travel weekly for business and was at this hotel for a work conference. The room was sufficient for the business traveler with a nice in-room work space; higher-end toiletries; and decent pillows. The only big complaint: the AC was not working efficiently. I had to keep it on 65 (!) to keep the room at a cool temp in this hot Austin summer. The room I had on the 7th floor was quiet enough for sleep/work. If you get the chance, you should definitely eat at the Carrillon restaurant. I had breakfast there on Saturday and the buffet was delicious for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike...so many tasty options! I also had room service (salad with added grilled salmon) and the food and the service were both amazing. The location was great for an outdoor run through the UT grounds. All in all it was an OK hotel experience with a great hotel food experience.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello Amandahhh,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We're disappointed to hear the AC wasn't working efficiently and we will be sure to get that checked. Thank you for the comment about The Carillon. We regularly get compliments about the food and were pleased to hear you enjoyed it. We hope to have you here again!

Best,
Anita C.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We live in Austin but are temporarily living out of town while we build a house, hence the reason for our stay.

I 'named my own price' for downtown Austin and we ended up staying here for our bid.

If you like the college scene and don't care if your not on the 'weird' side of things in ATX then, by all means, stay here.

The room was decent, we didn't hear our neighbors and we had a fantastic view from the 7th floor of the UT Tower. We had an issue with our tv that was fixed promptly by the technician on duty. The balcony is 'standing room' only and the shower made an awful, whirring noise but that's really my only room complaint aside from the daily parking fee. I really, really hate paying parking or resort fees!

The hotel staff were friendly and the valet/concierge easily answered my questions.

The location is lacking though unless you are attending a UT function of some sort. I would have rather been on the south end of DT. That's where the action is at, in my opinion. Better restaurants, closer to the lake and better shopping in SOCO. I wouldn't choose this hotel for friends or family visiting the city as there are better choices closer to all of the things we love most about Austin.

• Stayed June 2014
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at AT&T for a third year in a row for a conference. I called over a month and a half in advance, and thought I had booked three nights. I checked my email confirmation the week before the conference and noticed only two nights were listed. I called and reached a person only after being sent to two voicemails and my call being dropped once. The lady told me they indeed had several rooms, and in different categories available that night, but they refused to honor the conference rate even though I explained that I thought I had requested it for three nights. Not only would I have to move to a different room, but I would have to pay almost $100 more for that night. I called the Hampton Inn and would have gladly walked the few blocks, but they were full. The lady knew I had no choice if I wanted to attend that conference day. It's a shame that this beautiful hotel has that type of customer service. I'm sure I will attend the conference again in years to come. I will stay at the Hampton and walk or take the shuttle, whatever I have to do to avoid this hassle and cost again. Shame shame.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank melimo1017
Helotes, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel with about 15 diffrent family memebers a total of 10 rooms this by far is one of the worst hotels I have stayed at. Room service was a joke. The restaurants down stairs were poor at best. The only people that know what is going on is the valet. I will never stay there again nor would I recommend it to anyone drive 5 more miles down the road to 12 other hotels that are better.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family