“Stylish and modern”

Kimber Modern Hotel
Ranked #1 of 35 Austin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Have to say that this is one of best boutique hotels I've experienced. Love the keyless entry, the modern architecture, the decor and comforts of the room. The breakfast granola and pastries were super. Coffee is incredible:)

• Stayed: October 2013
KimberModern, Manager at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Thank you for the review.We must admit,we love the keyless entry too. Certainly hope your travels bring you back to Austin so you can enjoy our Kimber Modern on Eva st. in 2014. We would love to share with you our next design..
Cassie

There are newer reviews for Kimber Modern Hotel

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I thought the hotel was amazing. Modern. Private. A one of kind type of stay. This hotel would be my first choice if I was to visit Austin again. It is in a great area walking distance to quaint shops and drinking establishments. However, the hotel itself is the selling point. It is just wonderful & everyone I encountered was gracious, helpful and friendly. Fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2013

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Please come and stay with us at our new property opening in Feburary 2014, We are sure it will be worth a return visit to Austin.
Thanks,
Cassie

Reviewed 5 October 2013

OMG having been round the world a few times it is rare to find such an amazing hotel, serene setting, fab decor, nice people. Having the best time here. Walking distance to groovy eateries and views of downtown to boot. Coming to Austin there is nowhere else to stay but here (apparently they are expanding to Portland, Oregon too).

Truly a great experience.

Room Tip: I got the end room if you want extra privacy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank R K
KimberModern, Owner at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Thanks so much for your review. I love the title Swag and Swank. Please come back and hang with us again.
Best,
Kimber

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The circumstances of our booking the Kimber Modern were out of necessity as we live in the Austin area and were flooded out of our apartment from leaky pipes above... (we stayed 8/25-8/28)

From our booking to our arrival and greeting from Kimber, the experience was ethereal. She was more than kind as she pulled out an extra bottle of wine and left a small offering of fresh flowers in a mini-vase at our door while we were unwinding in the common area. I'm thinking we looked a little stressed!

Kimber and Carrie truly went above and beyond to accommodate us as we did not know when we would be able to return home. We stayed in the lovely Orange room for one evening and then the Green room for two evenings.

I love, love, loved the breakfast and enjoyed preparing bagels, fruit and lattes from their fabulous machine in the morning. The afternoon snacks were just as wonderful from the cheese and dried fruit to the delicious chocolate covered almonds and M&M's.

The outdoor areas were quiet and peaceful (sans Sunday night when Valet Waste was emptying the never ending river of glass bottles from the apartments on the other side of the fence).

The area is uber-convenient to all the great things SOCO has to offer, especially if you are an out of town guest. It was almost too dangerous being so close to Burro and Amy's. Haha!

Thank you KM for a home away from home and making our stay enjoyable, relaxing and stress free. We'll be back to truly enjoy ourselves soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Orange room for one evening (courtyard, right next to main area) and in the Green r...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CelestePeacock
KimberModern, Manager at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

It was so nice have you two at the Kimber Modern. I do wish circumstances could have been better but I am glad you found us and we able to relax into the space. We are really looking forward to having you both back for a little staycation! Thanks for the great review....Carrie

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Attention to detail is so important when I chose a special getaway for my spouse and I.

If you are looking for an up-scale, relaxed hotel in the heart of Austin with NO hassle for check-in and amenities, look at Kimber Modern.

What I read in these reviews was confirmed and I see how it is the top rated boutique hotel in Austin. You will not be disappointed. From the beautiful courtyard to the help yourself cocktail area, you will feel right at home without someone looking over your shoulder "trying" to make you feel at home.

Come prepared with the right attitude that you are family and there is no hassle and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darrenadventures
KimberModern, Manager at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Because of reviews like this, we are able to give back,like our complimentary Happy Hour.
So thank you!
We are happy to be expanding and will be opening our second Kimber Modern,also in the SoCo area on Eva, in March 2014 and a 39 room Boutique Hotel downtown Austin in 2015.
We hope you can come back and visit again soon
-Cassie

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family just held a wedding for my sister at the Kimber Modern and it went off without a hitch! Our family occupied the entire hotel for two nights which I highly recommend if you have a family reunion or wedding coming up. The property is simply stunning with a large courtyard in the middle of the rooms- which made it an ideal place for a family gathering. It is also a perfect blend of modern and serene (which in my opinion is not a very easy combination to achieve)- we all agreed we would love to just move in! The owner & staff at the hotel are simply wonderful. They are friendly, helpful, professional and laid back- all at the same time. They became great partners to making sure everything was going smoothly for the wedding weekend. I cannot recommend this hotel enough!

Room Tip: I stayed in the "Orange" room which was great! It's on the inside of the hotel (not fa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
KimberModern, Owner at Kimber Modern Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Charlotte,

Thank you for the lovely review. It was an honor to have your sister's wedding here. I especially loved how the courtyard was transformed into a perfect venue for an intimate wedding ceremony.
Thank you for sharing with us, and all the best to Caroline & Corey . Hope to see you again soon.

Kimber

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed her a night with my Mother on a road trip through Texas. Since we were taking my dog, we had to stay at a few places that were not that pleasant. The Kimber Modern was SUCH a breath of fresh air. We were able to come and go as we pleased without having to check in or out. The place is beautiful and my mom, who is an interior designer, was more that happy! The hotel is situated in a great area of Austin and is walking distance from great bars and restaurants. The hotel also has a wonderful breakfast every morning with local foods and a happy hour every evening. The place is almost as amazing as the City of Austin itself! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family