Kimber Modern Hotel
US$253
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$169
Austin Motel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$212
austinmotel.com
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$114
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$125
Lone Star Court(Austin)
US$205
US$194
All reviewscommon roomwhite suitesouth congresskeyless entrycontinental clubbeautiful treeoutdoor common areacommunity roomaccess codemalin and goetzsoco districthard boiled eggscomplimentary beerespresso machineprivate patioyogurtnever stay anywhere else
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I took my daughter on a trip for her 16th birthday to Austin! I did not know where to stay in Austin so I looked online and found the Kimber Modern! The pictures looked amazing and the location was just what I wanted! I was a bit leery though....because what you see online is not always what you get! Not the case here.....I was completely amazed the moment we drove up to the Kimber Modern and continued to be extremely pleased with every aspect of this amazing hotel! I loved the decor, the decks were so cool (even my teenager loved it!) The fully stocked kitchen and dining room was exquisite....I wanted to rush home and redecorate and refurnish my own kitchen! We walked right out of the hotel to the street of amazing boutiques, shops and fab restaurants.....and a 5 minute drive took us downtown!

If you are looking for something that is not your everyday hotel chain, yet has it all, don't miss the Kimber Modern! Oh and I am sure that you will also meet the creator of it all Kimber, who is an absolute joy to visit with!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank 5853Texas
Reviewed 28 December 2009

Service is excellent and unobtrusive; rooms impeccable; the property is private yet within a block's walk of the points of interest on S Congress. Would gladly return, and recommend to friends and family.

Reviewed 22 December 2009

Kimber Modern: A great architectural moment in trendy south congress area. Hill-side location w/ a stunning modernist structure that opens onto a spectacular courtyard. All rooms facing the lovely live oaks & zen-like inner landscape. Courtyard common spaces are lush and very nicely furnished. Rooms are modern dorm-style, a bit too small w/ tight & awkward transitions to the glassed in bath area. The furniture choice is a matter of style & aesthetics as opposed to comfort and ergonomics. Beds are low platforms, too hard (& I like firm bedding) and not very high quality considering the $$ rates. Metal bedside tables are small & clank loudly. The decor is rationally planned and fitting w/ the architectural motif. In the end, the hotel does not have comfortable or truely practical furniture, proper reading spaces, good chairs and rooms that are conducive to relaxing activities. The Kimber Modern is a special place & I deeply respect the owner for daring to break from the pack & open the place. I live in a modernist home and appreciate the aesthetic but I know first hand that things can get cold, hard and less than comfortable w/o great planning and forethought. If the weather is warm & guest intend to spend the majority of the visit enjoying the open air spaces then the Kimber Modern might be it's a great choice. Personally I want more room amenities, interior space and seriously comfortable beds & furnishings to help make the room experience more pleasurable . I felt like was on a sleep-over at a very cool liberal arts college: Fun but not very relaxing in the end.

1  Thank plus2Texas
Reviewed 7 December 2009

It would be very difficult to find negative points to this pad. My wife and I wanted a weekend getaway and we were very happy. You are totally on your own here and can come and go as you please without any difficulties at all. Kimber was extremely clean and had top notch amenities and necessities. Kimber Modern's overall architecture and interior design is simple yet impactful. The walk-in shower is something to fall in love with. Simply stated you know you're staying at a place the owner wants you to feel you're being well taken care of.
For my wife and I, the location was one of the best parts of the trip. You're just a short walking distance from all the food, shopping, entertaining, and people watching you could want. At Kimber, you're arguably in the best and most entertaining part of Austin. I only hope this place doesn't get so popular and busy that I'm never able to book a room again. That would really hurt my wife!

Reviewed 7 December 2009

A beautiful, modern, hip, butique hotel. Ones of the most exclusive and at the time cosy hotels I've ever seen. An experience you have to do ones in your time.
Unique design and atmosphere, super comfortable beds, very quiet and relaxing.
The stuff and the owners are very friendly. You could feel you were at home.
The location is perfect. South Congress is one of the hippiest streets in Austin.
We couldn't have expected any better.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends