“What I wish every stay could be like!!!”

Kimber Modern Hotel
Ranked #1 of 36 Austin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 October 2010

My husband and I both agreed that this was the most wonderful experience we have had staying at a hotel. Even though you are in the middle of Austin, near the popular South Congress area, one feels like they are in their own private oasis. It is quite and you feel like you can really relax. The room was beautiful and exceed my expectations. I love the special touches such as the Malin + Goetz products. Our bed was very comfortable despite what the Southern Living writer said!! The afternoon snack with beer, wine and soft drinks was a real treat. Especially sitting outside among the large live oaks and the soothing water feature. The breakfast was perfect-just right-not too heavy. We loved the architecture and the design. One can tell that a lot of thought and planning went into creating this special place!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuHu

Reviewed 23 September 2010

If you appreciate great, clean, functional modern design this is the place to stay. Great attention to detail with a casual comfortable feel. Bedroom & bathroom are right out of the pages of your favorite modern living magazines. My group was staying in 5 out of the 6 rooms available and we all felt right at home. I would say this is the only modern styled bed & breakfast I've ever had the pleasure to know about! The common room (and outdoor area) made it great to socialize and enjoy the fresh breakfast and lovely daily happy hour (yum)! You are only steps away from the best restaurants, shopping and music in the young Austin side of town (get the coffee at Jo's & pizza at Homeslice!) For me, the bed was super comfy and cloud like... which made it so easy to get good rest along with being quiet & good central air system. The shower was my favorite... large and spacious with a large rain style nozzle! I will definitely stay here and again and send my people back to the Kimber Modern for a comfy & modern stay in Austin!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I hear it doesn't rain much in Austin. Well, it did during our entire stay at the Kimber Modern. I must say, if I was to be stuck in any hotel/motel, this would be the place. It is so sleek and elegant. The common room was a great place to dry off, grab a snack, and meet some fellow travelers. Our room was quiet, cozy, and fun.

I really can't recommend this place enough. I love the privacy and the do-it-yourself mentality, even though there is always somewhere there, lurking, to help if we really needed it. An invisible but attentive staff is what makes this place special, in addition to the private surroundings, amazing architecture, easy parking and convenient location. I can't stay anywhere else now after having been spoiled for the past days, even if they were damp ones.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank modernboston
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Had a wonderful Labor Day weekend with 5 friends at Kimber Modern, Would highly recommend to anyone visiting Austin. An oasis of tranquility just one block from all the fun, food and nightlife of South Congress. Thank you for a great stay, will return again and again! :~)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2010

My girlfriend and I couldn't have been happier with our experience at the Kimber Modern - from the amazing courtesy and service we received Sara, the hotel manager, to the prime location on south congress, to the wonderful time we had talking with Kimber, to the layout and amenities of the hotel, every detail is well thought out...the silent central air in each room, the keyless entry, and the sustainable fresh local fare for the included breakfast, were particularly nice touches! We couldn't have been happier and are looking forward to staying there again when we are in Austin! Thanks so much Kimber and Sara!
Best,
Johnny Duda and Lindsay Gandy

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Had a perfect stay at this ultra modern bed and breakfast. It is like a miniature W. Great modern design.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2010

My wife and I wanted to spend a leisurely and relaxing weekend in Austin. Wanted a different hotel experience so I researched the boutique hotels. Was very impressed at what I saw on the web site so I booked. Very impressed from the moment we pulled into our parking spot. The atmosphere was exactly what we had hoped for. It felt like home. We utilized all the amenities. We especially enjoyed the late nights out on the deck. A bottle of wine and the Austin night air. Staying at the Kimber Modern MADE our weekend in Austin.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple