Kimber Modern Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$296
US$263
US$305
US$275
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$103
US$185
  • Restaurant
US$202
US$179
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$795
US$667
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
All reviewscommon roomwhite suitesouth congresskeyless entrycontinental clubbeautiful treeoutdoor common areacommunity roomaccess codemalin and goetzsoco districthard boiled eggscomplimentary beerespresso machineprivate patioyogurtnever stay anywhere else
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 December 2010

My husband and I picked this B&B based on the reviews, even though the price was more than we like to spend when he stay over in Austin. We were very impressed with how the manager, Carrie, handled the glitch we experienced with intermittent hot water our first night. She moved our belongings into a suite and then after discussion with the owner, offered to credit us for our first night. The owner and manager really want to ensure its customers enjoy their experience and we did! From the happy hour selection of wines, beers, ales, mineral waters and sodas as well as nuts, cheese and fruit to the light, healthy breakfast of orange juice, bagels, granola, spreads, banana walnut bread, yogurts and fresh fruit, as well as a coffee machine, which was available 24 hours providing american, cappucino, latte and expresso coffees. It felt like a peaceful oasis inside of a bustling and exciting city. Due to the change of rooms we got to visit both the standard rooms and a suite, and can definitely say that both offered comfortable beds and walk-in showers with rain shower heads. There is also a Jacuzzi tub in the suite. All was well-maintained and sparkling clean. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2010

My Daughter and I wanted a getaway together to talk ,laugh, and shop. We chose Austin. The trip was the perfect lenght of time to feel as though we were truly "getting away" yet not too tiring.What a wonderful addition staying with the smart, sophisticated yet truly warm,intelligent staff at the coolest place in Texas was.The location is walking distance from some really wonderful shops and .in my opinion, true five star resturants.This place is a treasure to be explored by anyone who delights in the unexpected and fun.Kimber Modern, YOU ROCK!!!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Kimber Modern. The rooms were very clean, modern, and comfortable. The bathroom was like a spa in design and contained wonderful smelling hair and body product. In fact, I purchased some of the product to take home with me I loved it so much.

Kimber Modern has a beautiful courtyard with ample space to relax and enjoy the tranquil surroundings. There is also a lovely common area where breakfast and happy hour are served.

The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about Austin and made great suggestions on places to visit.

We look forward to spending time at Kimber Modern in the future.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I lived in Austin more than 20 years ago as a child. I wanted to take my husband there for his first time and pick a hotel location that would be perfect. The SoCo location is just that and the KimberModern is the ideal place to enjoy it. The hotel was just off of
S. Congress so though you might hear the bands playing into the night, you didn't have to deal with the busy street until you were ready. We walked to Lady Bird Lake for our morning stroll each day. We also walked to the Capital for a visit. There are numberous food places in walking distance and driving distance (less than 5 min).

I was a bit concerned that I wouldn't think the room was cozy, I like wall-to-wall carpet and warm colors where I live and visit. However, it was just as cozy as I like it. When we return to Austin, we hope to come back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We stayed at Kimber for two nights and wished we could have had more (sadly, the hotel was fully booked over the weekend).The hotel is often described as an oasis -- I'd add an oasis appointed with some of the finest contemporary furniture one could wish to enjoy. The rooms are beautifully appointed and the details were well thought through. The beds are luxuriously comfortable, the shampoos and cleansers are top-shelf and the shower is large and gorgeously designed. Little details, such as small ledges for drinks, the keyless doors, an iPod dock and a cooler of water in the refrigerator, made us feel very welcome. To boot, the hosts offer a generous happy hour nightly, to be enjoyed in a beautiful outdoor seating area that seems miles away from any city.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple