Hotel Saint Cecilia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$296
US$263
US$305
US$275
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$103
US$202
US$179
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$112
FourSeasons.com
US$185
Renaissance Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewspoolside bungalowboutique hotelsouth congressoutdoor showersoftest bedgrounds are stunninghuge tubclaw foot tubweekend nighthomemade granolaflights of stairsthree roomsgreat boutiquethe main housethe location is perfectturn down servicemini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I cant begin to say how amazing this boutique property is. From the moment I contacted Kaleigh in reservations to the time I arrived and was greeted by Scott, no detail was missed. The pool is a perfect and quaint oasis, with a perfectly curated sound track. The drinks poolside were stellar. My room was spacious and perfectly clean. I loved the record player in the room along with the vinyl library. After a great day I listened to "Kind of Blue" and drank champagne with my companion and had a very memorable night. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and served poolside which we loved.
The South Congress Location was super convenient to everything we wanted to explore. I can't imagine there is a better hotel experience in Austin.
Awesome all the way around.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa M, General Manager at Hotel Saint Cecilia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Spencer, thank you so much for your review and we are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you poolside again soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is a very uniquely beautiful hotel. Pool is very cool with a lusted after soundtrack. Staff are incredibly helpful and attentive. Very expensive, especially at weekends, but worth every penny. We did not stay in the rooms which you have to access via the pool, so can't comment on this but I think I would find this frustrating. Record player in the the room was a cool touch. Eclectic range of books and records on offer. Achingly hip but not pretentious. Food and cocktails very good. Location excellent for all that south congress has to offer, Did not want to leave!!

Room Tip: No rooms by the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cycle_Enthusiast
Lisa M, General Manager at Hotel Saint Cecilia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your wonderful words--we appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. We love that you enjoyed your time here. Since you mentioned enjoying the soundtrack during your time at the pool, be sure to check out our playlist on Spotify so that you can reminisce until we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Hotel Saint Cecilia is an unadvertised gem of a hotel with a delightful character. Three couples visited the quaint boutique establishment and we all agreed it was a wonderful experience. The owners of the converted old house have built additional rooms which sits on a beautiful piece of large oak tree property. The inviting landscape is perfectly manicured and offers many areas for outside seating. Each room is unique with a large bath, living room and patio. The three rooms overlooking the pool on the second floor were our favorite. The staff was very professional and upon arrival we were warmly greeted and taken directly to our room before check-in. We loved the cozy bar and were served a great breakfast in our room. The only regret is that we did not find Hotel Cecilia sooner.

Room Tip: Room 14 overlooking the pool was perfect.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so glad that all of you enjoyed your stay--thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We wish we had found each other sooner as well, let's make up for lost time! We hope to have you back as our guests soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

As an anniversary treat, my husband and I decided to visit Austin, where he went to school. I'd never been there, and when I checked out boutique hotels, Hotel Saint Cecilia came right up. A hotel that quotes William Burroughs, Leonard Cohen and Patti Smith is my kind of hotel. A peek at the suites and bungalows showed funky but elegant furnishings (made me think of Paris hotels) and the sweet pool with its neon sign beckoned. The grounds were lush and playful, highlighted by giant incense sticks stuck into trees and Christmas lights. The usual snack bar offered prosciutto, fine flatbread, exotic tea, and other delights beyond the usual commercial fare. Our bungalow was spacious, including a living/dining room, bedroom and bath with huge shower and separate tub. The bed linens were so divine we ordered two sets when we got home to continue the luxury in real life. I'm wearing a t-shirt with a peacock that boasts the hotel name, and I smell of frankincense and myrrh, one of their signature perfumes. The service was personal and exceptional and the staff did everything they could to satisfy our every need. Located in the chic Soco 'hood, we found plenty of nightlife and interesting restaurants within walking distance and I spent mornings at the South Congress Athletic Club, a friendly no-frills gym with Pilates studio located around the corner. We definitely want to return to Hotel Saint Cecilia for the lush digs, the great vibes and the seriously romantic ambiance.

Room Tip: Get a bungalow for privacy and spaciousness.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nan F

We are honored by your review--thank you. We are elated that your stay was everything you described, it is always our goal to offer our guests a wonderful and unique experience. We hope to have you back soon, and until then we hope you enjoy the mementos of your stay with us at Hotel Saint Cecilia. Until next time!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Went to Austin for a much needed vacay and came across Saint Cecelia via some blog reviews. I checked it out and loved the vibe of it so much that I immediately booked a stay there for two nights.

Upon arriving at the hotel, I felt like I was walking into an oasis. The grounds have a very Los Angeles/Chateau Marmont feeling, with lush greenery and hidden areas to relax. The overarching vibe is complete feeling of calm, like arriving home after a long day.

The hotel is anchored around a magnificent tree that has branches spread out as far as the eye can see. The beauty of the hotel is only amplified by the awesome music they have playing throughout the day - think Fleetwood Mac, Velvet Underground, Pink Floyd. There is also a subtle smell of incense permeating the grounds, which is lit nightly.

The hotel bar is private to guests at the hotel, which is a major plus in my book. During one of the chilly nights, I curled up on the couch next to the fireplace with a fantastic cocktail and zoned out. I found myself zoning out quite a bit during my stay, just focusing on the beauty of the grounds, the chirping of the birds and the soothing atmosphere.

The rooms are super cool. We stayed in Suite 2, which has a sitting area with a couch that could easily double as a twin bed (and did for our 5 year old daughter) that leads into a large room with a King bed, fireplace (it's fitted with a mood light), and record player. The bathroom has a shower with a glass door.

The overall mood for the rooms are lush fabrics, dim lighting and a chill vibe. My gripes, and there weren't many were:

-Low lighting in the bathroom makes it hard for women to put on makeup. I found myself using the sunlight from the huge windows in the main space to apply my makeup, but it was a pain. I would prefer a makeup light option in the bathroom or vanity mirror with natural lighting.
-The toilet was really hard to flush. It was a two hand sort of job, which I found odd.
-The water pressure in the sink was not strong enough for me, nor did the water in the sink get hot enough.

Other than that I found the room to be amazing. The Hastens bed that everyone lauds in their reviews is pretty awesome. Once you lay in the bed you don't want to get up. Between the plush pillows and the soft mattress, it makes you just want to lay there forever.

Our suite also had a sitting area on the balcony, which was nice when we wanted to have a little time to ourselves.

The pool was lovely, but not warm enough during our stay, so we couldn't enjoy it.

The major caveat is nothing is cheap at Saint Cecelia, you are paying a premium for an experience. You don't need to ever leave the hotel to have a great time, which is part of the cost in my eyes. Cocktails are a minimum of $14 and as high as $20. Food runs about $20 as a base. We paid $25 for a S'mores plate for our daughter. I think I saw french toast on the breakfast menu for $30, so be forewarned if you're the type that likes to eat at hotels. :)

I would stay at Saint Cecelia again in a heartbeat. I actually only want to go back to Austin just to stay there!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family