“Please Do not stay here”

Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #82 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Nice Hotel, Friendly staff, good location, however, absolutely NO PARKING LOT SECURITY. My vehicle was burglarized, broken window, crushed key tumbler, and hidden GPS was stolen. Front desk was very apologetic and said "it was common for area". Police had me do an on-line report and will get back to me within 14 days. Please if you have to stay in this town/area find a hotel with parking lot security personnel or equip

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
MelissaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Dear Tereslynn1011,

I wanted to apologize for the incident that happened with your car during your visit at the Courtyard Austin North. We do our best to provide for the safety and security of our guests. Unfortunately, things happen that are out of our control. Again, I am truly sorry this had a negative impact on your stay. I hope you will reconsider and stay with again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane

Reviewed 11 July 2011

Great accommodations, clean, nice high quality fixtures, soaps, towels, etc. One of the best places to stay in the area. Close proximity to town. Lots of restaurants in the area to choose from.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
MelissaCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

Dear SalesRep Texas,

I wanted to thank you for the positive feedback about your stay here at the Courtyard Austin North. We hope that our fututre guests will find this information useful. We look forward to serving you again when you are back in Austin.

Melissa Thomas

Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed at the Courtyard for our anniversary getaway weekend in Austin, and we loved it. It's a ways from the main attractions downtown, but it's an easy shot down I-35.

Everything is clean, well-kept and feels new, and we really liked the decor — modern without being overly fancy or hip. We had a king room, and while it wasn't any bigger than usual, the room was smartly laid out to make room for a couch — excellent for relaxing or watching TV without sitting on the bed. The TV was not only flat-screen but actually had HD channels. The mini-fridge in the room came in handy, especially since we brought our own breakfast. The bed was comfortable and had lots of pillows. The pool was simple, but we made good use of it after being out in the heat. Another nice touch: a boarding pass printer in the lobby.

Our only complaint is that there is no free breakfast, something we expect from a hotel of this caliber. There is a restaurant/bar, but at airport-level prices. At least there was free coffee in the lobby in the mornings.

Overall, we definitely recommend the Courtyard. We booked our stay with Priceline's "name your own price," $75 a night for two nights.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DFWtiger
MelissaCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

Dear DFWtiger,

I wanted to thank you for the great feedback you gave in regards to your stay at the Courtyard Austin North. I am glad that you enjoyed your anniversary weekend with us! I hope you will choose to stay with us again when you come back to Austin

Melissa Thomas

Reviewed 19 June 2011

The hotel was busy, some guests kept the luggage carts in their rooms for hours, but the staff helped me carry all of my belongings up to my room. They were great. Nicki at the front desk was very kind and helpful too.
Hotel room was beautiful. Hotel in general was tastefully decorated. Prices for a beer were a little outrageous (especially for a Courtyard). I would return for another visit without giving a second thought.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2011

My friend and I were on our way back from a long vacation in the southwest, decided to stop in Austin for a day. The location of this hotel was great as it was not in the city, which we wanted, and the price was very reasonable. The food from the bistro was OK, about but about what you'd expect. The person at the front desk the 2nd day wasn't the best at customer service, but points really are too minor to detail. I can see how for business travelers this would be perfect. The room was clean and very comfortable. Nice size bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I switched hotels in Austin last week after finding bed bugs in the hotel I had planned on staying in. I called the Courtyard to see if there were any rooms available and the gentleman who answered the phone was polite and friendly and said there was a room for me. As soon as I got there I was impressed. The decor is modern and clean looking and the rooms are spotless. After my horrible bedbug experience at another hotel, I did a complete bedbug check and found nothing. The mattress was spotless and very comfortable. I had a meeting in downtown Austin the next day, and the commute was not too bad. It is a little out of the way, but worth it in my opinion if you are looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank IHeartSanFrancisco
Reviewed 22 February 2011

This hotel blew me away. Apparently it was built only a few years ago. It is very modern. Everything in the hotel from the lobby to the the guestrooms are elegantly designed. The lobby is great. It has this modern but comfortable feel. The restaurant is kind of built into the lobby and serves excellent food (at least breakfast) at reasonable prices. The tables at the in the restaurant area have TV's built in. There is a cool computer set up solely for printing your boarding passes (without having to log into the individual airline's website). As far as the rooms go, the decor is clean and modern. Free wireless and more secure wired internet. The beds are comfortable. Really my only complaint was that the elevators were too slow, and really is that even a legit complain?? And the location...it's only 15 minutes drive from downtown, so it's fairly convenient. And you don't have to pay downtown prices!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends