Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane
US$251
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$258
Austin Motel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$212
austinmotel.com
Crowne Plaza Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$136
Holiday Inn Austin Airport(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$162
Lone Star Court(Austin)
US$194
All reviewseinstein bagelsfront deskstandard courtyardstarbucks coffeelove seatgraduation weekendmodern roomsservice roadwater pressuremarriott propertiesfire piteasy accessenjoyed my stayclean hotellocation is greatexercise roomwould stay here again
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Stayed here for two nights. The hotel is clean and comfortable - updated lobby, but it's close to the highway and the traffic noise comes right through the windows. The staff at the restaurant are very accommodating and friendly.I would stay here again, but only if i could get a room on the quiet side.

Room Tip: Get a room on the quiet side (non-highway).
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a comment on our Trip Advisor page. This site allows us another avenue to hear what the guests think of how we are doing.

In reference to your stay, I would like to apoligize for the noise from the highway that you encountered in your room. We make every effort to strategically place guests in order to avoid any noise disruption.

I would also like to thank you for complimenting the restaurant team. They work very hard to ensure each guest is satisfied with their experience.

Should you need anything further, please do not hesitate to contact a team member at the hotel and any of us will be more than happy to assist you!

Reviewed 25 May 2012

My local office booked me here, so I didn't actually choose to stay here, but I'm glad I did as it met my expectations. I'm already partial to Courtyards due to their room layout and business friendly atmosphere (free broadband!), and this was a newer one which was even better.

The lobby was an updated version with "The Bistro." Although I did not hang out down here, it's a place that is comfortable to do so, particularly if you are traveling with colleagues. Check-in was a breeze, very friendly and efficient desk clerk. She looked up my Marriott number based on my address as I didn't have my card on me. I grabbed a soda and bag of Skittles from "The Market" and I was on my way up to my room.

Good layout, there is a desk on wheels that you can pull out from the main desk and position yourself wherever you like within the room. Since the TV is immediately to the right of the desk, I pull it out and position myself a little further away so I can work while watching TV. Room was well presented and it had a new, fresh feeling to it.

A couple drawbacks to this place:
1) Location - unless you have a car (which I did not), you are essentially cutoff from all the restaurants on the other side of the freeway. No decent place within walking distance.
2) Iron in the room needed to be replaced - the face had started to corrode, and had I used it directly on my clothes, they would have been ruined.
3) Bed was a bit hard, nothing too terrible, but I didn't have a very restful sleep.

All in all, a good hotel to stay at while on business!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
FFISAusSo, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Kurt,

Thank you very much for taking the time to rate the hotel on Trip Advisor as we really do look at this. I am glad you had a great experience overall and that we could take care of your needs. In reference to your drawbacks, I want to personally apoligize for the inconvenience. We are aware of the difficulties involved in getting acros the highway to the other dining establishments so we have implimented a shuttle service which runs Monday - Friday in the morning and again in the afternoon. It goes anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. I am also in the process of going through all of the rooms and ensuring the aminities are up to standard as well. When it comes to the bedding, we are pretty limited due to Marriott's regulations of keeping items uniform across the brand but, they read these surveys too so, it is definitely something they should see.

We look forward to having you back when you are in Austin next time and if you need anything before then, please feel free to contact the hotel!

Reviewed 22 May 2012

so we stayed here again for graduation weekend in Austin! couldn't be more pleased! easy access to everything - free parking - clean - free starbucks coffee - friendly, helpful front desk!

water pressure in shower could use a boost but that's no big deal.

will definitely be staying here again! 5 Gold Hook 'Em Stars!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I have stayed here twice with my boyfriend over the past two months. I was moving from Dallas to Austin, & I chose this location because its where I needed to be during my job search. The location is great bc it's right off the highway & nearby gas stations around the corner & just 5 minutes from a variety of restaurants-whether dine-in or fast food. This is a very clean, & quiet hotel. We stayed in different rooms & every room was still quiet, up to date with new everything in the room. Several outlets, which I needed. The spacious bathroom was appreciated. He & I used the lobby more than anything else. BC we needed the free computer/printer use & we remained un-disturbed, lobby was quiet & peaceful. Great natural light coming in, with several couches which is great bc the lobby provided several books lying around if you wanted to read. There is a inside coffee/wine/beer bar which we loved as well. The beds are our favorite part bc they are THE MOST comfortable beds-in my opinion! We slept very well! The AC is very user friendly & stays cool. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: If you don't want too much harsh, strong light, get a room facing the North side.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We had a group stay here for a work meeting in the area and it was really nice. It had everything you'd expect of a Courtyard but it had the newer lobby arrangement and a great patio out back with a fire pit. The rooms were clean, new, quiet and the great Courtyard layout with the desk, couch and outlets in all the right places that you expect. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They provided information, helped arrange transportation and were just overall easy to work with. I would definitely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business