“Five night stay made comfortable by very friendly staff”

Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #89 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We planned a 5 night stay in the Austin area with our adult daughter and her friend for our spring break. Although this Courtyard is well out of the city and at least a 20 - 30 minute drive, depending on traffic, we were made to feel comfortable by an exceptionally friendly staff and felt that our stay was worth the drive. When I discovered that there were no low sugar cereals for breakfast the manager found my desired brand from the local market and gave me the box to serve myself each morning. When we had trouble adjusting our room temperature someone came immediately and explained the cooling system to us. We were always greeted with a friendly welcome when we returned from our adventures each evening. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable and newer than some of the Courtyards we have been in recently. In general things were very clean and well taken care of in every area of the building. Our only problem was locating the hotel with our GPS. The address is different from the one advertised. Call from the airport and you will get help with this.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back, away from the highway, are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I only had the pleasure of staying here 1 night. It is a very clean hotel, the staff was very friendly, and they had a nice cafe. The location was great as it was right off the freeway and very close to lots of dining options. It was also very convenient to the customer I needed to go to. It is a little more expensive then say a Residence Inn or Springhill suites, but if you can swing it with your boss then I would stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I chose to stay here because it is one of our company-sanctioned hotel to stay in Austin. Overall the stay was good. The front desk people were quite friendly. One thing I have to mention though -- there were quite a few very small-sized bugs in the bathroom area.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

For almost 6 months now I've been living in hotels all throughout the Austin area as i look for an apt that's suitable. I've stayed at probably 12-15 different hotels over that time and usually 3 1/2 stars or better. This particular hotel i got booked at through priceline, during sxsw music fest. and i admit i wasnt thrilled about it. I had previously stayed at another courtyard in Austin for the first time and was not happy with any part of it, so the name had a big strike against it going into this new venture. A hotel critic I'm not but Im qualified to tell it like it is and this hotel was outstanding. I was thoroughly amazed at the way the staff conducted themselves with customers as well with each other. Very courteous, friendly, and professional. Rooms were great, food was very good, clean , and all kept up during a very busy south by southwest music festival. I'm a citizen now at the Omni hotel, somehow that comes with being at the top level of their food chain. They even give u an ambassador once you reach that level (black level). But the Omni gets very proud on special occasions, as do most hotels when people come to town, and the next time they do get too pricey for their britches, I'll be going straight back the the courtyard Parmer, without hesitation .

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Shawn W
Reviewed 24 March 2013

This was our first stay at the Courtyard. Our club volleyball team stayed at the hotel. We only stayed one night. Many parents stayed the prior night. I talking with some of the parents prior to checking in, several noted the their room faced IH35, thus hearing all the road noise. At check in I requested a room not facing the traffic and I was accommodated with a smile. There was no road noise. All of the staff would say hello anytime you saw one of them. The room was a good size, we had a king with a sofa sleeper, not a lot of room, just enough for 2 parents and a child. The small refrigerator was nice to have as well. We stayed on the 2nd floor, and it was very quiet, didnt really see another other guests, but our team mates. I also went to ask for more towels at the front desk and the young lady went to the back and quickly got what I needed. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, besure and request a room not on the IH35 side.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2013

My first night here, my next door neighbor was having a domestic dispute at 3am. It got very loud and rather scary. I called the front desk. They promptly moved me to another floor / room. That room was right above the dumpsters and the trash trucks were loud. After a night of little sleep, I asked the desk if they could move me once more - to a quiet room.. They did, no questions asked. And they even moved my belonging for me while I was gone (they asked me first if ok). The rest of the trip was great.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces the park in the back...much more quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Have stayed here befrore when we are in Austin and it does not disappoint. Staff is always friendly and accomodating. Beds and room were very comfortable. My wife was even given a rose for Valentine's Day. Only complaint was that the only guest washing machine was inopperative but their maintenance staff had it working within an hour. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple