“Big city business chic in unpretentious Round Rock”

Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #105 of 199 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Big city business chic in unpretentious Round Rock”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

For a personal business trip this was a terrific property. I stayed here on two separate occasions and as an example of their newest design template I'd say that Courtyard has done a great job with the update. I've stayed in Courtyards for over a decade and recall its less glamorous, bare bones value days. But this design is pleasing to the eye as well as clean and comfortable.

My favorite features -
- walk-in shower
- attractiveness and layout of the new lobby and common dining area
- in-room work desk / work area
- new and clean
- Internet access included

There were no downsides for me. But note that this is not the place to watch traditional TV. The TV in the room is small and stations are limited and there are no PPV movies.

Room Tip: I stayed on the side opposite the freeway and heard no road noise. If you prefer the drone of traffi...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Even though my business partner and I stayed only one night the staff at the Marriot went the extra yard to make sure our needs were met. Katie and Julie should receive a special shout out for thinking outside the box and coming up with a solution to our issue. Thanks very much ladies and I will definitely stay at this hotel when I am next in Austin..........

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

I had some old Marriott points. This hotel was only 10000 points per night. Despite a large wedding party and families for a track meet, the property was very nice. Front desk staff friendly and welcoming. Our room was very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom clean with a large walk in shower. Very nice hotel just a few minutes north of the city. Yes, it is on a freeway. Ask for a room on the quiet side of the hotel. I hate road noise and did not have any issues.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Amherst, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

We planned a 5 night stay in the Austin area with our adult daughter and her friend for our spring break. Although this Courtyard is well out of the city and at least a 20 - 30 minute drive, depending on traffic, we were made to feel comfortable by an exceptionally friendly staff and felt that our stay was worth the drive. When I discovered that there were no low sugar cereals for breakfast the manager found my desired brand from the local market and gave me the box to serve myself each morning. When we had trouble adjusting our room temperature someone came immediately and explained the cooling system to us. We were always greeted with a friendly welcome when we returned from our adventures each evening. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable and newer than some of the Courtyards we have been in recently. In general things were very clean and well taken care of in every area of the building. Our only problem was locating the hotel with our GPS. The address is different from the one advertised. Call from the airport and you will get help with this.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back, away from the highway, are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I only had the pleasure of staying here 1 night. It is a very clean hotel, the staff was very friendly, and they had a nice cafe. The location was great as it was right off the freeway and very close to lots of dining options. It was also very convenient to the customer I needed to go to. It is a little more expensive then say a Residence Inn or Springhill suites, but if you can swing it with your boss then I would stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Northeast USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I chose to stay here because it is one of our company-sanctioned hotel to stay in Austin. Overall the stay was good. The front desk people were quite friendly. One thing I have to mention though -- there were quite a few very small-sized bugs in the bathroom area.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

For almost 6 months now I've been living in hotels all throughout the Austin area as i look for an apt that's suitable. I've stayed at probably 12-15 different hotels over that time and usually 3 1/2 stars or better. This particular hotel i got booked at through priceline, during sxsw music fest. and i admit i wasnt thrilled about it. I had previously stayed at another courtyard in Austin for the first time and was not happy with any part of it, so the name had a big strike against it going into this new venture. A hotel critic I'm not but Im qualified to tell it like it is and this hotel was outstanding. I was thoroughly amazed at the way the staff conducted themselves with customers as well with each other. Very courteous, friendly, and professional. Rooms were great, food was very good, clean , and all kept up during a very busy south by southwest music festival. I'm a citizen now at the Omni hotel, somehow that comes with being at the top level of their food chain. They even give u an ambassador once you reach that level (black level). But the Omni gets very proud on special occasions, as do most hotels when people come to town, and the next time they do get too pricey for their britches, I'll be going straight back the the courtyard Parmer, without hesitation .

• Stayed March 2013