“Friendly, Comfortable and Clean”

Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #90 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed one night for a quick tour of Austin and to see the bats fry from the Congress Street Bridge. A short drive from the bridge. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Prices were reasonable and parking was complimentary.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Lance T, General Manager at Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane was enjoyable.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights.

Pros:
*Unfailingly nice employees. Every employee was very friendly and courteous. My check-in was the fastest ever - literally less than two minutes.
*Very clean hotel.
*Modern rooms.

Cons:
*The walls are paper thin. I've stayed at many hotels so it's not like I don't expect to hear my neighbors somewhat. However, this was ridiculous. The first night, I heard them at normal times so no big deal - and I want to point out, they weren't yelling or anything, just talking. Second night I was woken up at 2:30 am by the people in one of the rooms next to us and was kept up until 4 am. While at times they were louder than normal, I could also hear them cough and snore through the wall. Surprisingly, I never heard the people above us, even walking. I understand that it was just bad luck to have inconsiderate people next to me but the noise through the wall seemed atypical.
*Water pressure. This is not a huge deal but the water pressure was really lacking throughout our stay and if someone flushed a toilet while I was in the shower, I got cold water for a minute before it returned back to warm water.

We have stayed in Austin numerous times as it's a frequent weekend destination for us. This hotel is about 20 minutes away from downtown which was no big deal to us but may be an issue for some. It is easily accessible from the highway though, sitting on the I-35 southbound service road along with a Residence Inn, a Fairfield Inn and two other hotels.

Breakfast is not free, the lobby has a new Bistro set up where you can get numerous items for breakfast and dinner. They carry Starbucks coffee drinks and the prices are not much higher than an actual Starbucks. If you don't want to buy breakfast at the hotel, Tacodeli is less than 10 minutes away and has some of Austin's best breakfast tacos.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the back; half the hotel faces I-35 and you will hear road noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane.

You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I've done a lot of travelling lately, typically staying in Hampton Inns or Courtyards, and they've all had a number of things not right. This place was just short of perfect.

The GOOD:

COMFORTABLE BED!! Firm, but not rock hard.
Room was VERY clean
Shower had good water pressure
Stand-up shower (I don't think I had a handicap room, it was actually nice to have a stand-up)
Room was quiet even though it was close to the elevator
Hotel itself seemed a lot more modern, clean, spacious
No odd room dividers (see my review of Courtyard Austin Airport)
Staff was great
Location was good

The (ONLY) not so good:

I requested 2 wake up calls for the morning. I didn't get either of them. I also set my phones alarm, it got me up.

I've worked at a hotel before, and I understand things can happen to the phones or someone may get busy and not do the call. I'm not knocking a point off for this because these days, almsot any cell phone, smart or not, has an alarm that can be set and should be used no matter what.

Room Tip: High floor, request facing away from highway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My grandkids & I stayed here after a hard day of play! I was exhausted, went to bed & it was not horribly hard but uncomfortably hard. Very unusual for a Marriot! No breakfast in the morning, a bistro which is ok but my grandkids love breakfast at our hotels! Ok for the price, easy on & off of 35 which is huge at the end of my days! Lots of Marriots in this strip so will choose another in this area next time!

Room Tip: no help sorry! I didn't like the beds!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank trackerem

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Just checked out. Had booked two queens and asked for a room on backside of hotel. Instead was told at 10pm I was getting the last room in the hotel - a first floor handicapped King facing the highway. Open drapes, look at headlamps. Room was perfectly fine. Handicapped showers are messy and have no place to put soap or shampoo. Bed fine. Lobby great. But highway noise is unbearable unless you have TV or air conditioning constantly running. So - if you can confirm a room on the backside of hotel, go for it. If that's not possible, go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Definitely away from IH35
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

You indicated in your response that your Overall Stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We planned to stay at 3 Marriott's during this trip to Texas. This place we were for 2 nights.Turns out, while all 3 were very much the same in many ways, this one was nice enough, but nothing special.

Room Tip: High and on the back side would be best.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel while I was taking a seminar. Great stay, highway noise a little much but shut the drapes and it deadens out the sound. The meeting room was nice, although they did "clean" the room at the end of day one and should have left name tags and such in the room. We recouped, but don't throw out things in a meeting room that is coming back the next day. Trash is trash but the rest, leave it alone or ask.

Room Tip: Chose one on the backside, less road noise from I 35
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo