“Really nice”

Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #100 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I switched hotels in Austin last week after finding bed bugs in the hotel I had planned on staying in. I called the Courtyard to see if there were any rooms available and the gentleman who answered the phone was polite and friendly and said there was a room for me. As soon as I got there I was impressed. The decor is modern and clean looking and the rooms are spotless. After my horrible bedbug experience at another hotel, I did a complete bedbug check and found nothing. The mattress was spotless and very comfortable. I had a meeting in downtown Austin the next day, and the commute was not too bad. It is a little out of the way, but worth it in my opinion if you are looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank IHeartSanFrancisco

Reviewed 22 February 2011

This hotel blew me away. Apparently it was built only a few years ago. It is very modern. Everything in the hotel from the lobby to the the guestrooms are elegantly designed. The lobby is great. It has this modern but comfortable feel. The restaurant is kind of built into the lobby and serves excellent food (at least breakfast) at reasonable prices. The tables at the in the restaurant area have TV's built in. There is a cool computer set up solely for printing your boarding passes (without having to log into the individual airline's website). As far as the rooms go, the decor is clean and modern. Free wireless and more secure wired internet. The beds are comfortable. Really my only complaint was that the elevators were too slow, and really is that even a legit complain?? And the location...it's only 15 minutes drive from downtown, so it's fairly convenient. And you don't have to pay downtown prices!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank msefidan
Reviewed 11 February 2011

I had expected this to be a standard Courtyard, but it was much nicer. The room was not only spotless, it had a modern Asian-style decor with a bit more attention paid to detail. The hotel had both a restaurant and 24-hour pantry, which I found convenient. The parking lot was well laid out. This is a great option for those needing to be slightly north of Austin.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Wearywriter
MelissaCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2011

Dear Wearywriter,

I wanted to thank you for the great review you posted about your stay at the Courtyard Austin North Parmer Lane. We hope to see you again if your travel brings you back to Austin!

Reviewed 22 January 2011

I used my Marriott Reward points to stay at this hotel last week. I have to admit, I selected this hotel based on the reviews I saw on TripAdvisor and the fact that a 1 night stay required half the number of points of the other Marriott brands in the Austin area.
The earlier positive TA reviews are all spot on. This hotel is practically brand new (as of Jan 2011) and is super clean. The hotel was designed with the business traveller in mind, so there are lots of conveniences that aren't always available in other hotels of similar price. The rooms are roomy with a desk and sofa, and very well lit. Free internet access throughout the hotel, free (and very ample) parking. Helpful and friendly staff. Workout area is nice and clean. There is a nice meet & greet area next to the lobby which comes in handy if you need to meet friends,co-workers, or clients; there are 2 computers with internet access available for use in this area as well. There is also a small bistro in the lobby where you can order coffee and some (simple) hot meals. The location is good if you need to be in the north part of Austin, but only so-so if you need to be downtown or close to Univ of Texas campus during rush hour (traffic on I-35 going south is terrible during rush hour!).
I normally stay at the Doubletree near campus, but considering the rates there are more than double the rate at this hotel and the rooms are practically identical, I think I'll be coming back to this hotel instead - even with the extra 7 mile drive to downtown/campus.
If you're using Marriott Reward points, this is the best deal in the Austin area hands down.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank houstonturtle

Dear Houstonturttle,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyarfd Austin North on Tripadvisor. I am happy that you felt the stay was well worth your hard earned Marriott Rewards points. We truly appriciate loyal rewards members. We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 29 November 2010

I stayed at the Courtyard Parmer Lane over Thanksgiving. Service was excellent, the front desk staff were pleasant and attentive.

The rooms were nice and clean, complete with flat screen TVs, large shower and a comfortable bed.

In addition, the hotel has a nice array of amenitites; free wi-fi in the lobby, indoor pool, workout facilities. We were preasantly surprised to also find out the hotel has a bar area with a nice selection of wines.

Lastly, the location is also convenient for shopping with many shopping centers very close by.

If you're looking for an nice, affordable option in North Austin I suggest the Courtyard Parmer Lane.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank txpilgrim
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Simply put, when you spend as many nights on the road as I do you get very picky, so I wasn't expecting much from this Courtyard based on other Courtyard experiences. This one though...it felt more like a botique hotel than a "business traveler" hotel.

The rooms...top-notch. The restaurant...it had been convereted into a bistro with good food and a nice bar area. The staff, always ready to greet with a smile. Free Internet, free parking and reasonable rates. Can't beat it.

For two years I have stayed at the Marriott La Frontera, but will now stay at this Courtyard. While the Marriott is certainly nice, there is something charming about this Courtyard.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank davidmeyer
MelissaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2010

Mr. Meyer,

Thank you for your amazing feedback! We truly appreciate your loyalty. We look further to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2010

Outstanding hotel. Great staff and quasi-restaurant. Good workout room. Needs a better internet speed - that's my only complaint.