“The Worst Place EVER!!! NIGHTMARE!”
Review of Econo Lodge Austin

Econo Lodge Austin
Ranked #140 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“The Worst Place EVER!!! NIGHTMARE!”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My husband and I stayed there only because it was near his friend's birthday bash and we wanted to be safe from driving while drinking. We arrived at 8pm, the "manager" was a nightmare!! I asked him if it was family owned and he went off the deep end. I went from being annoyed regarding the lack of customer service to being truly scared for my safety. The manager called someone on the phone saying I had attacked him and his family. Telling whom ever was on the other line a bunch of untruths. It was terrifying the way he behaved. Not only were we over 45 minutes late to our destination but I was totally shaken up. He almost ruined our trip all together! Plus our room's heat didn't work and when I took a shower before bed, the soap holder fell off the wall and hit my head. This place is a NIGHTMARE! , HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel where you are valued as a customer!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank 777Sunshine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My Mom, Sisters and I went to Austin for a one night stay..The details said 1 king and 2 person fold out sofa. When I checked the manager on duty was very rude- I had made a request for extra towels and when I asked if he had seen my note his reply was " Well we usually only put 2 towels in the room but we put 3" Keep in mind I booket it for 4 people- Then he gave me just 1 key, and did not tell me where my room or what time breakfast was or were the ice was. We get to our room to find that the, that the 2 person fold out sofa was no bigger then a twin size bed. The carpet was sticky, the comforter was very then and had holes in it. We went to breakfast the next morning and it was HORRIBLE- from the coffee to the waffles. The location is great and it's not a bad area of town... If they put some money into the hotel and got a new Manager, it wouldn't be a bad place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Meagan M

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

Hallettsville, Texas
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I had a room booked at this hotel but I did not stay the night because the area felt unsafe.

Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank KRLM
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Obviously the place is on the cheap side, so you can't expect the Four Seasons. But even for the price, this Econolodge is a little rough around the edges. The breakfast area is tiny -- two tables, eight chairs. But there aren't that many rooms, so getting a table wasn't a problem the Sunday morning I was there. There was little water pressure in the shower, and no cold water in the sink (although that may be attributable to 100+ degree weather in Austin lately). But we didn't find any bedbugs, and it was quiet enough.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank gregweiser
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 18 June 2011

POSITIVES: Rooms were huge we were in a king size non smoking up stairs the room was very clean it came with a fridge and couch the bath tub had jets and there was a desk and free WiFi! Breakfast was decent your typical cereal and waffles... Our bath tub didn't drain so well so when we asked to get it fixed it was fixed the same day and working great housekeeping came each and everyday and we didn't even ask they made our bed and stocked our towels and vacuumed or floors great house keeping staff!!!!

NEGATIVE: Front desk staff not so helpful.... while he was helping me front desk staff was talking on his cell phone and upon check out no one was at the front desk I rang the bell serial times and no one came to the front desk so no recite :(

But for the most part very good hotel!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goofynunn95
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 February 2011

No frills. Not a problem. The only real prob I had here was that the location, being right along the highway, was a little noisy. It was a perfect place to crash overnight before running the 3M Half Marathon, held each January about a mile from the hotel. I'm a single female and felt safe and sound here.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
oldham
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Don't be put offf by looks alone. This motel is a little dated, but the rooms are large and clean. There is free WIFI with a desk and free breakfast. There is a fridge, an iron and a coffee maker. The propieter Mr. Patel sorted out a booking problem for us that saved us US$200.
It is only 300ft from US183 and within 10 minutes of the Capitol building and maybe 15 minutes from down town Austin

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple