“Was Good'nough”

Ranked #145 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Greeley, Pennsylvania
“Was Good'nough”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stayed there recently and the stay was good. Some friends and I were on a road trip and we're looking for place to crash before we would hit the road. We arrived around 10 at night and the front desk clerk seemed a bit rude and didn't seem too happy about being there. But, on the bright side, the rooms were clean. Which was good, because, well, cheap motels aren't usually clean. All except for the carpet, it seemed a bit gross. I didn't want to walk around barefoot. Other than that, clean. The breakfast was good too. The guy in the morning shift was a nice fella. He was helpful and polite. Overall, it's a good place to sleep and not much else.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms in corridors, they're loud.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elias R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I was treated very disrespectfully by the staff at the hotel. I was not allowed to even use the restroom prior to my check-in (mind you I was staying there for a while and the bill was over $300). In addition, I was charged extra fees for a person that was not even staying in the room. I will never stay in an Econo Lodge again. Please do not waist your money on dealing with these people. You will regret it in the long-run. The best thing about the hotel is that it was near a gas station that I could get some food. The food that they have in their place is not very good. Also, the internet is so slow that I could not even check email that well. It might be free but if is sucks, then it is not really a value.

Room Tip: The only difference between the regular rooms and the handicap rooms is that the handicap room does...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jason A
Deming, New Mexico
Reviewed 16 December 2012

The room was very comfortable and it was right off of US 183 so it was real easy to get to. I liked that it had a free breakfast and also the free wi-fi. I came to check out the downtown area and this hotel was not that far! The people at the front desk were really nice and I would totally stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Pearland
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Checked in late for a last minute booking as I overstayed for a wedding in Austin. The clerk was behind a bullet proof glass window, felt like a convenience store in the hood. Room was tacky orange, outdated quilts, tile and grout were dirty, amenities very outdated. All I needed was a place to lay my head and get out of there. Lobby was disgusting, front desk clerk was disheveled. The pillows were comfy though.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lglbgl38
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Nice room - especially for the price. Folks at check in & out were very pleasant. They held our luggage for us before & after our stay. This was very helpful as we were riding the local bus to sightsee. However about 5 I woke up. I went to the lobby (which was almost non-existent) to use the computer or watch TV & not bother my sleeping husband. The night clerk said he was not allowed to open the door until 7. I had my key to show him I was a guest. I don't know if this is actually hotel policy or if he just didn't want to be bothered. He wasn't sleeping. He was using his laptop. This policy should be changed. I ended up going back to my room which woke my husband. I give the hotel an average for service because the check in/out folks raised the bar. Otherwise this would get a zero.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Madison, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 July 2012

let me list the issues I had:

1) Thermostat was broken
2) light over sik was broken
3) whirlpool bath was broken
4) Wifi was slow whn it worked at all
5) Pulled a HUGE disgusting hair clog from the drain.
6) desk chair had a giant semen stain on it
7) a dirty washcloth was left in the bathroom when i entered
8) bath mat had never been removed, replaced or cleaned under as it had black mold growing underneath.

if you still want to stay there now, enjoy.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo