“Great kid ride”

Zilker Zephyr Miniature Train
Ranked #70 of 335 things to do in Austin
More attraction details
Owner description: Free ride for children on a miniature train that encircles Zilker Park.
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Ok, so I lived in the area and had my friend's kids. They were all tired out from playing in the park so we 'took the train'. For two kids that love trains this was the greatest thing that could ever happen to them. They wpent the entire time waving to people walking faster than we were riding and were none the wiser. Until they get too big to ride it we'll get on it every time they are in town. The best part is the train is right by the pool. Go check both of them out!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I took our 14 month old on his 1st train ride, even though it's a mini version. He seemed to be impartial to it. I like that it travels alongside the Barton Creek, even under a street bridge. We got lucky weather-wise cuz it wasn't too hot nor too cold. My son probably would've fussed halfway through the ride. Good ride for the money.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Was a little cold in December, but an adventure to go around the park and then come back again on the same tracks.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Surprised the train ride was so long. Worth the money. 2 yr old grandson was captivated by the ride, his first. It was a sunny day and I found an extremely well made 100% cotton cap for him at the gift shop in the ticket office. I expected to pay $20 for the cap, and it was only $8, including tax. What a steal.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Remember to bring cash. Everything here in the park is cash only. There is an ATM where you would purchase your train tickets but you will likely cough up a $5 fee to get your money. The train isn't spectacular but the ride is. The ride lasts about 20 minutes and goes through all this amazing park in the middle of the city. My kids loved it and would do it all day. They charge $3 per adult or $2 per child (ages 1-11). Bring a hat in the summer as it gets hot but there are also many shaded spots along the ride and in the park.

1  Thank KennyKon