I stayed here for several nights during SXSW. For the price and amenities it was a very good deal, especially compared to the nearby discount national hotel stays. You pay by the week, so if you stay 4 nights or more it works out to a good deal compared to other nearby options.
This was my first stay at a Value Place. Since you're actually renting (becoming a tenant), there's a bit more paperwork then normal on sign-in. Similar to renting an apartment, they take a $100 deposit on your credit card which is returned after check out. My deposit was processed by my credit card company ~10 days after check out.
Since this is an extended stay apartment type place, there is no daily maid service or towel changes. Also, be warned that only the first roll of toilet paper is complimentary. I found that having no maid service during SXSW to be a plus, since it meant no one was disturbing you after a long night. Having a fridge in the room is also a plus so you can store your own food and make your own breakfast, etc.
Internet cost me $10 for the week. The internet is wired ethernet. The front desk lent me a cable for free.
The people that work the front desk are very helpful. I had no problem checking in very late when I first arrived.
Some small things could be improved. The window in the room only has a cheap aluminum blind that does not block out all the light. Also, as others have mentioned, the doors are not entirely soundproof, so you do hear some hallway noise occasionally (even then, there is not a lot of hallway noise).
Given the value proposition, I'm giving this Value Place 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WoodSpring Suites Austin North I-35 is a new kind of extend-stay hotel. Our hotels are comfortable, our rooms are well-priced, and our customer service makes every guest feel welcome. Kitchens in every room. If you need a hotel for a few nights, a week, or longer - you'll save more money the longer you stay with us. Free wi-fi and access to guest laundry and vending help you relax while away from home. WoodSpring Suites. It's Simple. Done Better. Extended stay hotels are different in amenities from traditional hotels. - Daily housekeeping included in nightly rate. - Private bathroom in each suite (ADA and ADA w/ Roll-In shower available). - Pet-friendly Hotel - Guests can book by the night. Weekly and extended stay rates also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your WoodSpring Suites Austin North I-35 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Value Place Austin (Braker Lane) Hotel Austin
- WoodSpring Suites Austin North I-35 Texas