“Extended stay at its best”

WoodSpring Suites Austin North I-35
Ranked #16 of 41 Speciality Lodging in Austin
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Most extended stays are either outrageously expensive or nasty. I use extended stays several times a year, and this one is the best for my needs. It's clean, well run and low priced. The true test for a place like this is the laundry room. This one really looks like the online pictures.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Fred S

Reviewed 6 September 2011

Upon arrival I noticed how well lit the front parking lot was. I arrived late and a courtesy officer came and greeted me at the door and advised me they were booked until the next day at 1:00. I returned the next day and received a room. The manager Teresa was very nice, and with in minutes I was in my room which by the way was very clean! I would recommend value place to anyone who is in need of extended stay living. It's clean, secure, and the staff is extremely courteous!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Stew469
Reviewed 17 June 2011

The good:
1. It's a new building.
2. Romaldo, at the front desk. Excellent service from Romaldo, very helpful and professional.

The bad:
1. The front desk girl (young, Hispanic female, black hair, who seems to wear long fake eyelashes). Very unprofessional. Every time I talked to her, she didnt seem like she wanted to do her job. One time I had to wait almost 5 minutes until she finished her personal phone call (I heard the conversation, it was personal and definitely not important), she was clearly annoyed that she had to end the call to do her job. Plus, every time I asked her for something, she wouldnt do it, she would just provide a half way service. Terrible customer service from this person.
2. The hotel is clean but has small roaches. They need to fumigate and cover the bottom of the doors (a couple of inches away from the floor).
3. It's a hallway type of building, and you need to slam the door to be able to lock it. You hear doors slamming all day.
4. Walls and floors are too thin, you can hear people walking on top of your room and people laughing two doors down.
5. The bed is soooo hard, its almost like sleeping on the floor.

It has a kitchen (two burners) but there are no appliances to cook. You have to pay $29.99 for them. I've been at other extended stay hotels and they include the appliances. Who travels in a plane with pots and plates???

It has internet but you have to pay $10 x week. Other extended stay hotels charge $5 x stay, not per week.

It has a phone but you have to pay for each phone call, even local. Other extended stay hotels dont charge for local phone calls. And yes, now I'm staying at "other extended stay hotel"....

If you are on a tight budget, this hotel is ok but there are other options. Location is ok if you have a car, if not there is nothing around except for a Whataburger.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank honestReviewer333
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I stayed here for several nights during SXSW. For the price and amenities it was a very good deal, especially compared to the nearby discount national hotel stays. You pay by the week, so if you stay 4 nights or more it works out to a good deal compared to other nearby options.

This was my first stay at a Value Place. Since you're actually renting (becoming a tenant), there's a bit more paperwork then normal on sign-in. Similar to renting an apartment, they take a $100 deposit on your credit card which is returned after check out. My deposit was processed by my credit card company ~10 days after check out.

Since this is an extended stay apartment type place, there is no daily maid service or towel changes. Also, be warned that only the first roll of toilet paper is complimentary. I found that having no maid service during SXSW to be a plus, since it meant no one was disturbing you after a long night. Having a fridge in the room is also a plus so you can store your own food and make your own breakfast, etc.

Internet cost me $10 for the week. The internet is wired ethernet. The front desk lent me a cable for free.

The people that work the front desk are very helpful. I had no problem checking in very late when I first arrived.

Some small things could be improved. The window in the room only has a cheap aluminum blind that does not block out all the light. Also, as others have mentioned, the doors are not entirely soundproof, so you do hear some hallway noise occasionally (even then, there is not a lot of hallway noise).

Given the value proposition, I'm giving this Value Place 5 stars.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank aluminium
Reviewed 14 February 2011

We stayed at the Value Place while traveling to see our son. We've stayed at several now and have really enjoyed them all. They are extremely clean and the management and staff are always friendly.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2011

This is absolutely the worst hotel that I've ever stayed! The walls are so thin between the rooms, you have no feelings of any kind of privacy.During the night, one can clearly hear every sound from the adjoining room, including, but not limited to; sex, alarm clock, cell phone ringing. cabinet doors being slammed, snoring and any other thing you can think of! During the day,the maintenance people are constantly knocking on the door about one thing or another. I would never stay at this hotel again or any other Value Place Hotel, and would not recommend anyone else staying here.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank atxdriver
Reviewed 29 September 2010

This Value Place was a little farther North in town than I was looking for but I'm cheap and I've stayed in several other VP's throughout the state and at least I know what I'm getting. Every one I've stayed in is recently new construction and the layout is always the same. Everything works the way it should. Everything is clean and new. Two cautions though... bring your own Ethernet cable and don't forget to give 24 hrs notice of intent to vacate if you're an extended-stay guest.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business