“Don't Be Fooled By The Price”

WoodSpring Suites Austin North I-35
Ranked #11 of 36 Speciality Lodging in Austin
Austin TX
“Don't Be Fooled By The Price”
Reviewed 9 February 2011

This is absolutely the worst hotel that I've ever stayed! The walls are so thin between the rooms, you have no feelings of any kind of privacy.During the night, one can clearly hear every sound from the adjoining room, including, but not limited to; sex, alarm clock, cell phone ringing. cabinet doors being slammed, snoring and any other thing you can think of! During the day,the maintenance people are constantly knocking on the door about one thing or another. I would never stay at this hotel again or any other Value Place Hotel, and would not recommend anyone else staying here.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank atxdriver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Live Oak
Reviewed 29 September 2010

This Value Place was a little farther North in town than I was looking for but I'm cheap and I've stayed in several other VP's throughout the state and at least I know what I'm getting. Every one I've stayed in is recently new construction and the layout is always the same. Everything works the way it should. Everything is clean and new. Two cautions though... bring your own Ethernet cable and don't forget to give 24 hrs notice of intent to vacate if you're an extended-stay guest.

Leander, Texas
Reviewed 19 September 2010

The staff was pleasent and courteous. They went out of their way to get a room ready for me before the actual check in time. Even went as far as to replace the microwave because the manager did not like how it looked on the inside (tho i did not see anything wrong with it) and gave me a break on the room price as they were out of single rooms. Quiet neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Austin
Reviewed 18 September 2010

I am preparing for a long-term stay, so did some scouting of a variety of offerings to measure both financial and personal aspects. Economy was the main consideration after location.
PROPERTY_about one year old in September 2010, I find a high standard is being kept on maintenance and presentability
STAFF_I met Jen, and also Chris, and they are poised and hospitable, which is nice, since they are in the hospitality industry, and nice since I found that quality was lacking in some other places I visited, no matter the price range.
COMFORT_very good, with nice quality of furnishings, better than others in this price range..
ROAD NOISE_My first room is on the highway side. Yes, it faces onto the Interstate, however this section of the highway is flat and straight, so the traffic just flows with no big upsets. The vast majority of the time, I find the character of the noise is actually like background noise. The intensity is low, to the level it is not any trouble for watching TV, or even just sitting and reading.
NOISE FROM OTHER ROOMS_very good - virtually none.
"OTHER" - my needs are simple right now, so a clean 24/7 guest laundry is a nice touch.
TRICKY PART_what's nice on this review is I get to write on how they handle unpleasant situations. A noise problem from the room above mine started up, got handled immediately by the night staff, returned the next morning, and they managed to get the problem fixed without "ruffling any feathers" - very good skill levels.
High level of quality and skill - below average cost - this equates to them living up to their name - VALUE.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2010

I have been staying at this hotel for 3 months now, and am happy to say...that I will continue my stay here for as long as I am in the area. The room, although there is nothing luxious about it, is comfortable and meets all my needs. The hotel is overall very quiet, although the doors to the rooms, are a little loud when they close, so if your neighbors come in late, you will hear them slam.

The staff here is very accomadating and very friendly anytime that I have dealt with them.

I also love the conveience of the highway from the hotel, I work downtown and this makes it very easy to get to work.

The price of the hotel is great, however I do wish they cleaned the rooms more often.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 September 2010

This was pretty much my first time staying in a hotel in Austin, I usually stay with friends, but had to get a room this time around. I wouldn't mind coming back to this place. Rooms were clean, the safety attendant guy seemed nice and professional (wasn't creepy like other places). This place had great access to the freeway and close to the things I wanted to do. I usually dread staying in hotels and such, but it's safe to say I would come back to this one. I even checked in after the office was closed. I really did enjoy my stay. Sad to say I won't be able to sleep in a nice bed every time I visit Austin, but when I do I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Austin, TX
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I stayed here while I was waiting for an apartment to be ready to move into. The Place was clean. It wasn't anything luxurious but it was nice for the price. The only issue I really had was that it was close to the highway so I could hear the highway noise. I would definitely not hesitate to stay here again if I needed a room for an extended period of time.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo