“Quirky and romantic vibe in this Austin hotel”
Review of Casulo Hotel

Casulo Hotel
Ranked #153 of 205 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I found that this hotel was a perfect fit for me and my spouse's weekend getaway to Austin. The location isn't actually horrible. It isn't in the downtown area, but it isn't far away either. It's right next to the highway, at most five minutes away from all the action. I loved the fun, quirky decorations in the halls, and the room was really awesome. They decorated it with cool, romantic lighting. It was very clean, and everything had a very zen feel. The breakfast could have had more variety, but it had everything you needed. I found the stay to be very enjoyable, with very courteous and informing staff, clean quiet rooms, and the right atmosphere for a fun and romantic experience. On top of that, for Austin prices, what we paid wasn't hald bad either. I would definitely reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I've stayed here the past couple of weeks and have really enjoyed my stay. The first night I was here I was in a king deluxe and loved the room and the hospitality I received. The room was top notch and the restroom was definitely a great addition to my stay (the teak floors and shower with rain shower head was amazing!). Absolutely have loved my stay here and will recommend to all my friends to stay here when they are in Austin!!

Room Tip: Loved the King Deluxe room for anyone wanting a get away!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I love this unique hotel. However, it is not for everyone. Not your average Marriott or Hyatt. It is beautifully furnished in upscale and contemporary furnishings. The sleep experience is superb! Luxury bedding and mattresses. Staff is laid back, as is the hotel. The only shortcoming is the bar/lounge is rarely open, so do not expect a late night drink by the hot tub. Easy enough. BYOB. As for location, it is 10 minutes away from trendy South Congress, with bars, restaurants and shopping. This is the perfect stay for couples who want a romantic get-away.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Really interesting rooms and high quality materials at this quirky Asian themed hotel. Good prices for the design you get. The tile work, Moen fixtures, great tubs, large rooms make the hotel stand out. But on a Sunday evening we could not get a bottle of wine for our anniversary night (bartender took the key home with him). Continental breakfast was just awful. Pastries from 7 Eleven? Good location. Good air conditioning. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Disappointing stay. Booked online as a boutique zen property with cocktail lounge and cafe, as advertised. I arrived to an empty parking lot and dark lobby. I booked a suite that included a hot breakfast. I asked about the lounge and was told it was no longer open. This wasn't disclosed at the time of booking? The room was decent but the carpet was worn and coming apart at the bathroom entry. Two dead cockroaches were found in the bathroom. The bed and pillows were comfortable. Before leaving, I checked out the "Hot Breakfast" only to find a continental set up. I was hoping for something cool but was sadly disappointed.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
CasuloHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Casulo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to express your feelings. Our Bar was recently closed for renovations and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. It has now been reopened and we have a new menu at our Cafe as well. All of our rooms come with a complementary continental breakfast, and the option for a made to order hot breakfast for a small fee.

In regards, to the maintenance issues observed they are being worked on. We hope that the next time your in the Austin area we given the opportunity to empress you and redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Someone needs to read his or her Zen book again. Also, we were informed that the bar and cafe had closed (we were told not profitable) before our arrival, though both were still advertised on their website. Front desk agent was pleasant. No general manager on site to speak to (Friday at 5:00 p.m.), though I was told she would be there the next morning. Saturday, again, I was told she was not onsite. Stains on our carpet and ceiling. The room was large and comfortable. Serious freeway noises from our third floor room. The value was way off compared to the price we paid.

Room Tip: Major freeway traffic noise heard in our third floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrea A

Dear Andrea

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us about your stay. We strive our very best to provide our guest with pleasant and memorable experience, while staying with us. Our General Manager is not always onsite due to the opportunely of expanding of hotel but we always have a Manager on duty to address any guest considers.
Our Bar and Cafe has recently reopened after renovations and renovations are currently being done on our rooms as well.
We would love the opportunity to ensure all your issues are addressed and corrected in a timely matter. If you are ever in the Austin area please give us the chance to show you we can do better.

Thank You, on behalf of the Casulo Hotel Staff