“A OK HOTEL ,CAN HELP YOU HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAY”
Review of Casulo Hotel

Casulo Hotel
Ranked #146 of 202 Hotels in Austin
china
“A OK HOTEL ,CAN HELP YOU HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAY”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Upon aeeival ,ldidn`t feel like much differences from other hotels in us .hpwever once i entered casulo hotel,I was greatly attracted by everything here,It`sunique Chinese-stuled decoration ,quiet but in good taste .rooms are clean ,spacious and comfortable .beds are soft and unbelievably nice.As for a person who is picky about the bathroom ,i couldn`t find any bad things about it .It`s awesome!!! l love this hotel,comfortable environment and good service.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank zhang r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Moore, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I travel almost every week for work so I've stayed several places in Austin and the Casulo is my favorite HANDS DOWN! The rooms are super chic and the decor is fabulous but the best part is the customer service! Everyone is very friendly and eager to help you. Even ran into an issue when I had to change a reservation and Danielle and Paula were great, they were glad to help me without any headache on my end! I've worked in a customer service related business for years so I appreciate it when people go above the call of duty when they don't have to, the whole staff is top notch and that is hard to find these days! HIGHLY recommend this hotel if you're in the Austin area!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I watched this little place being built--and thought nothing of it! Then booked a room here and realized it's just beautiful and totally reasonably priced.

The decor is asian-feng-sui style and it's calming, relaxing, and impressive at the same time.

I had the jacuzzi suit and loved how I could see all the way to the end of the room because of the glass wall. The shower area is IMPRESSIVE. I feel like the jacuzzi suite should basically be called the "Water Room"! Because that's what it is. I leave the discovery of that a surprise!

Hopefully, the room service has improved. The people are great, the service is kind of lacking--but I truly didn't care. If skimping on anything, I would prefer it be the room service--I can honestly overlook that!

Room Tip: I feel that this hotel excels in decor and comfort, I would be surprised if there were a "bad&q...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have stayed at Casulo on several occasions. The rooms are really nice, different, and the beds are COMFORTABLE! This past Saturday we were on every hotel website looking for rooms. Everything was either sold out or WAY overpriced because of the Labor Day weekend. We called around to several hotels just in case there were cancellations. Casulo was one of the hotels we called several times and nothing was available. The employee we spoke to was named Danielle Moya. She was very friendly and professional. A couple of hours later we were at our wits end and then our phone rang! It was Danielle calling US to let us know that there had been a cancellation! She literally saved our weekend. When we arrived to the hotel she greeted us with a smile and was very professional with our check in. We had a great stay thanks to Danielle. I highly recommend staying at Casulo. It is different than your average hotel chain and everyone there is great! Free parking and the rooms are very spacious. The bathrooms do have a window that face out to the room but there is a pull down curtain that blocks off for privacy so I am not sure what the previous review is talking about. On our previous stays it has never been an issue with privacy. Thanks again Casulo and u have a GREAT employee, thank you Danielle,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The website for this place was were they did a great job. It stops there.

It seems as if this was a reopened hotel under a different name. The room we booked looked nothing like what was on their website. I know this shouldn't be a surprise. However, we booked this place thinking it would be a step up from a midgrade hotel like a Wyndham or Days Inn.

The room smelled funky. Our toilet leaked and made noise. The vending room on our floor had a discarded pizza box on top of the trash can that remained there for the duration of our stay. It was clear that they didn't pay attention to detail at this property. It seems to me that they tried to "style" an aging building on the cheap.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Said A

Travellers are raving about these Austin hotels

San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Not my favorite place to stay. It was clean just old looking. We had to change rooms because the bathroom had a window facing the room! Awkward! Not good when you're with two teenagers. Breakfast was not impressive and the coffee was cold.

• Stayed August 2013
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 1 September 2013

So me and the hub tried to stay here for 1 night and got a balcony suite. I say tried cuz we left after a few hours! It's just us and we were looking for a romantic stay away from our house. Bad bad call! We walk in and lobby stinks. Funky odor not pleasant. Check in was easy but only 1 lady behind counter in regular clothes, no uniform as with other crew here. I already sense this place is kinda sketchy. We get to the room on third floor and toilet wasn't working. The room was nice size however it felt sad. I was creeped by the stains on the chaise loungers and noticed lots of furniture, carpet, walls that were run down. The vibe was creepy /dirty. Vent in bathroom broke, things were dusty. so we turn up the ac and head out to dinner thinking when we get back it will be nice and cool. Well we returned and the toilet was fixed but it was so hot and muggy in there! The old style ac unit was just blowing around air not even cool air. Within minutes we were sweating. It's Austin summer 100 degrees, a hotel MUST have working ac. The hotel was full and staff was not. I think they are understaffed. Anyways, we decided to head home and call this a mistake. All I can say is I would never recommend this hotel to any friends. For the price we were charged, u can stay at a much better hotel in Austin. I don't understand these positive reviews? Don't believe their website, it's out of date.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple