“Great but PRICEY”
Review of Casulo Hotel

Casulo Hotel
Ranked #150 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I used to love coming here. It was off the "beaten Hotel track" in Austin. The prices were reasonable, the beds were comfortable and see-through showers (which you can see into even from the bed) were pretty awesome. But then they hiked their prices up by like…. 100 dollars a night. The hotel is nice, and it's cool. But it never looks totally "professional" and so I had enjoyed it as a privately owned-indie hotel. Now that it's attempting to up it's prices to compete with the higher priced luxury hotels in Austin, it should probably remember that it is NOT downtown and it is NOT luxury.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 November 2013

When we first arrived, our room reeked of cigarettes. The staff was happy to move us. I've stayed here several times and the cab fare is cheaper than trying to stay on 4th or 6th. The location is not walking distance of anything, but that usually isn't a problem for us. Well worth it.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 5 November 2013

we had a very bad experience room 314 we could hear people snoring like if we were sleeping next to me. we could hear conversations and the TV. Manager Paula didnt care whene we complaint at the reception at the moment of the check out, she said "I think there is nothing we can do about people snoring"

Don't stay Here

I left my cell charger, I called 30min later after check out and they told they will look for it, when I went to pick it up...they told me that the housekeeper took it home for mistake...Two days later I don't have my charger.

TERRIBLE SERVICE **BREACKFAST BAD*** NO FRUIT*** FAT THINGS TO EAT

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JJABGS
CasuloHotel, Manager at Casulo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Hello JJABGS,
We are very sorry for this incident. We have issued a $30 refund to compensate your loss upon our agreement. Once again, we thank you for your understanding and hope to see you again in the future.
Casulo Hotel

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Not Awful. Just very isolated. Adjacent to a highway. 10 Minute Drives to anywhere.
Clean enough. Comfortable enough. No amenities whatsoever except lobby coffee from pump thermoses. Bottled Water Available by Vending Machine Only. Water Trickles out of the shower heads. Otherwise functional Air Conditioning turned off by the maids so you walk into a hot room. room Service Trays left outside the room till brought to attention of the desk. Understaffed but friendly. No staffed bar. Have to leave the hotel to do anything but sleep or watch TV,

Room Tip: Rooms that face highway have a little traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel, just south of Austin, is charming. Small and compact, it offers privacy and convenience. With multiple room options and one of the best bathroom designs I've come across, this is a great place to stay.

My wife and I will be back!

Room Tip: Be aware that the Jacuzzi suites are all on the first floor, and some are extremely close to the out...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I recently stayed there and had a pleasant experience. Its close enough to take a cab to downtown and there's always a place to park your car. The view of downtown is gorgeous and the pool is great for watching the sunset. All of the staff, which includes the bartenders, kitchen, hosts, and janitorial were extremely helpful and hospitable. The rooms were relaxing and the bathroom was large and open, just be careful that the shower head is not pointing to the glass door. Otherwise water may spill out onto the floor. The breakfast was delicious and every dish was fresh, it was one of the best meals I've eaten for free at a hotel. I definitely plan to stay there again and recommend this place if you want a peaceful retreat.

Room Tip: Request a room facing downtown.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aynge
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

My colleague and I stayed in the Casulo last week for a business trip, and it was definitely unique. Themed after Asia, it is a very clean hotel with urban, chic decor.

The entire building seemed to be newly updated with new fixtures, granite counters in the bathroom, hip lighting.

The only odd thing was there is a window between the bathroom and the actual room. So you just need to pull the shade down to make sure you have privacy! I've never seen a hotel room with a window in the bathroom before.

Their pool was nice...although we didn't use it. Also has a hot tub. Complimentary breakfast wasn't that good however.

The location is close to downtown Austin...but if you are traveling on 35 to downtown in morning rush hour, expect to be in gridlock traffic.

All in all great place with no problems.

• Stayed: September 2013