“Amazing!!!”
Review of Casulo Hotel

Casulo Hotel
Ranked #146 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Amazing hotel with five star client service and fabulous decor and ambiance, I love it here , the rooms are clean and classy with awesome decor and the staff and client service is the best , thank you casulo for an amazing experience

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank BellaPaloma

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I beleive this hotel is being remade into a boutique motel with an Asian theme. Our room was very large with two upholstered lounges infront of the flat screen, combo deep soak tub and walk in shower. Balcony overlooking pool. Right on Interstate 35 but little to no road noise. Easy 10 minute drive to South Congress area. Pool was ok, water clean, bottom sandy, you could smell the chlorine (that is a good thing). I was happy, it wasn't cheap, but nice and... uh different. Not your Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: I can recommend a balcony room.
1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Pretty beat up rooms. Very cool shower/tub/room design that is very fun. I had an unusual experience of hearing a domestic violence situation in the room next to me at 4 am. There was only one gal at the front desk who was already on the phone with the cops, but when I asked if anyone else was there she had said no. I didn't feel safe there the second night. I realize that this is a very unique situation. The room had the feeling of more like a unique hostel. Bring a friend, and get a good rate, then might be worth checking out. It was a very fun Asian flare atmosphere and the decorations were very mod and fun. I took pictures of almost all of the light fixtures and unique drift wood benches.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kendra W
Reviewed 24 May 2014

so much to review, where to start.
the lady at the front desk who checked us in, was also the bartender.

ok so the decor in this hotel makes no sense.
i know, not that it really matters. but this makes no sense at all.
the art as you walk down the hall is asian inspired, but then turn into what looks like all the old paintings they could find at goodwill. huge chandeliers in the dining area.
gym is small.
continental breakfast, ends at 1030am, but when we sat down at 10am, they had put away 80% of the breakfast foods.

the beds are very comfortable.
the showers/ bath was very interesting trying to figure it out.

we stayed in two different rooms. the deluxe and a standard. they had directions in the standard room bathroom on how to use the shower, but it was more like directions for the deluxe room.

there is also a huge curtain on the showers which can be seen into the bedroom, so it may be awkawrd if you have a guest or friend you haven't seen undressed before, so dont drop the soap. none of the curtains actually pulled all the way down, in either of the rooms we stayed in.

good location though. rigth off the freeway. 5 min to downtown austin.
this was our only option because all hotels were booked for the weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vanessam25
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our experience was totally better than other recent reviews but it was obvious that maintenance and service was spotty. And its website touts a café and bar and we could find little evidence of that, even on the weekend.

1  Thank scott46
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a poorly managed property and has so much deferred maintenance it's pathetic. Shabby, dirty and dusty. No maid service after our first night. Asked twice, nope, didn't happen. The best thing about it was the bed was comfortable. We left after our 2nd night but would have left after the 1st if we could have found another place. Was scheduled for five nights, but left early due to nothing, absolutely nothing, being done about our complaints. The keys kept not working so we had to make trips down to the front desk, too. A very bad experience and wish I could get my money back. It was that bad.

5  Thank R D
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The red flags went up at the Casulo Hotel as I approached the front desk. The front desk is a curving faux contemporary black with an Asian flare, but the black lacquer edge at the front of the desk is completely worn off by people checking in and out of the hotel. And, it is an ominous first impression and a certain sign the property has deferred maintenance problems and is being poorly maintained. Once I checked into my room, I began to realize problems. The carpet was frayed. The ceiling can lights were falling out and hanging by the wiring. The air conditioning was very slow to cool the room, although after several hours, it did finally work. The furniture surfaces were grimy and dirty. The carpet in the room was not properly vacuumed. The curtain rod slider was missing. The dust ruffle on the bed was stained and dirty. The lamps were very dusty. Shockingly, I never received maid service during my stay. It became clear the room had not been properly cleaned and maintained for an extended period of time. The carpet in the corridors had debris that was never vacuumed up my entire stay. Leaves and debris had accumulated by the interior of the front door of the hotel where the luggage cart is kept. I would have checked out after the first night, but I was unable to locate another hotel that was not sold out. Unfortunately, I had to stay a second night but checked out early the next morning and moved. All in all, this was the worst hotel experience I can remember. I complained to the general manager, and he offered a meager discount of $20 a night for the lack of maid service. The Casulo Hotel is being poorly maintained and managed. From one fellow traveler to another, you would be well advised to pass on this property or be prepared for a major disappointment. This is my honest and sincere account of the experience.

7  Thank REKREKREK