All reviews soaking tub standard room sitting area south congress downtown austin tubs texas
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Unfortunately, my husband and I booked at the Casulo Hotel in Austin, Texas for two nights (April 3 and April 4) at an exorbitant rate of $340.70 expecting that we would be in a nice place. The place is seedy and right on the highway which was in a construction zone. They are in the process of building an overpass right in front of this hotel. The buffet breakfast was disgusting. The carpeting in the halls was worn and over the top gaudy. However, what was the worst experience was we had left our very expensive Bose headphones behind and realized that we didn't have them when we reached Houston. We made several phone calls to the front desk and to housekeeping to inform them of our oversight. They took our number and never returned our calls saying that the housekeeper had already left. Our sister, who lives in the area, dropped by the hotel in the morning of April 6 and was told that the headphones were not turned in. They also told her that the housekeeper who cleaned our room was not there. That following morning while still in Houston, we contacted the front desk once again and then were connected to housekeeping. The person we talked to said she had no idea who had cleaned our room and that no one had turned in any headphones. We requested to speak with the manager/owner, a man called Sam Chen, and were told that he would arrive around 11 a.m. and would return our call. We heard nothing and called again to speak with Mr. Chen. We were told that Mr. Chen did not take calls directly from the public. We were also told that the hotel had no liability for items left in the room by guests after they depart the hotel. This is an unethical business which should not be frequented. We wish we would have read the other two reviews posted here by shinystyle and Erin N F. They did not exaggerate the details of this horror of a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sbolducs
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was decent with warm and cold choices. Wasn’t sure how the hotel “bar” worked though. Close to most anything. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This place sucks...made the mistake of booking on Hotels.com without a cancellation clause...somehow I got fooled by the Casulo logo and their "boutique" self proclamation....on their website...I can't believe I fell for it...

My mom got hospitalized and we tried to cancel or move our trip...Hotels.com was super accommodating about changing our reservation to another date but the hotel owner (who answers the phone at her own hotel but pretends there's a manager coming later) would not budge and move our stay for another day...she was rude and acted like she had no ability whatsoever to change a booking at HER hotel...she kept insisting that Hotels.com made that policy so they had to stick with it...even though Hotels.com repeatedly called her and explained our option of moving if she was willing to allow it--she wasn't compassionate enough to do that....

So we went--and my kids (9 and 5) had enough insight to call it the "real life Tower of Terror" (Disney reference)....before we even stepped foot into the hotel...

Ghetto parking lot and lobby...dirty pool...room was dingy and gross...towels were nasty with hair on them....

Overall disgusting place and won't ever make the mistake of staying here again!!

Stay far away if you actually want a decent hotel that doesn't resemble a Motel 6....

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank shinystyle
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I'm writing this review from inside my hotel room. I paid two weeks in advance, online, for two nights. When we went to check in, the room was not ready and had to wait another hour. We patiently waited and then went to check out room. There was two broken lights....a broken security latch...tv didn't work. We allowed them to fix these things and make it right, which they did. Then we left awhile to come back to my hotel key not working which had to be replaced. If all this wasn't enough....we woke up this morning to the elevator not working!!! For what I paid for....these hotel is absolute trash!! We would be better off in a motel!! We are seriously looking at checking out a day early.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Erin N F
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

One of the worst hotels I’ve ever stayed in. If you’re looking to slum it up, save your money and stay at a Motel (it will be cleaner). Assuming the photos on site were with previous management / years ago, because this hotel had me sleeping on top of the covers with all my clothes on. Hoping I don’t end up getting anything, including bugs! Gym had no water, no a/c. Also, no toilet paper in my room. See for yourself in the photos I’ve posted..

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business