“Eddie Flores - Excellent Customer Service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane
Ranked #54 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 21 January 2013

This is an okay hotel. Bed's are nice and the place is clean and the property is newer. But hand's down, the best customer service my wife and I have ever experienced at any hotel was given to us by Eddie Flores. I am not sure what title he has with Fairfield. But whatever it is, he is surely an asset to this hotel chain. He service made our stay here easy to handle. his demeanor is very warm, he is understanding, he conveys the highest level of reassurance through his personal service AND understands the meaning of accommodating customer needs. His service alone has guaranteed my wife and I's future business for some time. I wanted to write this recommendation so that if you are considering this location, you will surely pursue staying here in hopes of having his help throughout your stay. I trust he will go far helping people with or without this hotel chain!

Mr and Mrs Ian Nicley

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane

Reviewed 28 December 2012

The Fairfield Inn looks great on the outside. It has the friendly staff you expect to see. Daniel in particular was very pleasant. All in all, this is what you expect from a Marriott run hotel.

The room itself was clean, soft bed, and was also what we expected.

The water pressure in the bathroom was horribly inadequate. It takes a balding man (that would be me) 30 minutes to shower. I didn't even bother with a shave because the sink was hardly more than a trickle. There was no way it would clean my razor.

So I called down to the front desk. No answer. I called again 10 minutes later. No answer. I waited another 25 minutes...no answer on a third phone call. So I went down to the front desk...no one there. I called out, looking for someone...no staff to be found.

This was NOT expected. All in all, a rating of 3 is about right. If I had been staying there for more than a couple of nights, I would have been more upset. As it was, I am on my way to the next hotel where I will get a proper shower and shave.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Kimgagnon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn. Unfortunately we did have a pluming issue in our boiler room just before Christmas that did randomly affect a few guest rooms. We are very sorry to learn you were inconvenienced by the situation. With a permanent fix in place we hope that if your travels bring you back to Austin you will give the Fairfield Inn another chance. Your recognition of Daniel's customer service is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Absolutely faultless stay. I had stopped downtown for a three nights, but moved to those hotel as I had a meeting at nearby Dell offices. The hotel provided everything I needed - a good-sized room with very comfortable bed and desk for working. Although criticised in earlier reviews, the free Internet was very fast and allowed me to participate in an online webex session without any problem. All of the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was very good. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank pnireland
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I stay here regularly for business and I can't say enough about this Fairfield Inn. Always clean, staff is great and the breakfast is consistently good. The rates here always beat the other guys by a wide margin, and it sits just a few minutes north. Parking is always a breeze. Why pay more at any other place? You're minutes from downtown and there's an array of restaurants just across Parmer Lane.

Room Tip: Low floor on the parking lot side to avoid any light traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Brad T
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Clean and modern. This hotel was a pleasant surprise. Breakfast was fine. Staff is VERY pleasant and helpful. And price was competitive. All things considered, I can recommend this hotel for any business traveler.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Easily met or exceeded expectations that I had for this place. Mostly because of work, I normally stay in more "higher level" hotels. Got a decent rate on this place and thought I'd give it a shot. Clean, quiet (maybe the other reviewers are much lighter sleepers or I just got a nice room), right on the highway. Best surprise was the extremely comfortable bed.

Room was kind of small if you are planning on doing much besides sleeping. Breakfast was extremely crowded (i.e., no place to sit) but it was the weekend. Breakfast choices were great for a light, on the go breakfast. Free wireless was nice and quick. The hotel itself is not really near anything, but they do have a free shuttle for some nearby things (not downtown though I believe).

Only negative I really had was there was a strong chemical smell in the hallways/elevator. Don't know if it was cleaning stuff or if it was the chlorine from the indoor pool. Kind of pungent, but it didn't get into the rooms so wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Our company used this as our staff hotel while in town on business. I spent 7 nights in this hotel and have no complaints. The staff is nothing short of the best and their hospitality during this exceptionally busy week was amazing. The hotel is very clean, breakfast is plentiful, beds comfortable, and parking was never a problem even when we worked late into the evening. I do want to note a few things to be aware of but will not reduce my rating because the service here was so great. My first night here was very windy and it seemed the cold wind blew right through the wall, I ended up putting on socks in the middle of the night. On the same note, I am from the northern states and a blanket on the bed would have been appreciated but they were out of extras. Instead they gave me some extra sheets to accommodate which worked out very well but the housekeeping didn't replace them when changing the sheets. Second, I had a chest cold during my entire stay and appreciated the decaf tea that was available - however the hot water urns obviously interchanged and the tea has a strong coffee taste. Only one morning could I hear anyone in the neighboring room, it was very loud but also a deep Texas kind of voice. Also, I did not get a chance to use the pool but be aware it is very small, like tiny small. I'm not sure I've ever seen a pool this small anywhere, it would be difficult to swim except for a small child; don't expect to get any exercise in it, its more like the size of a huge hot tub.

Room Tip: Other similar hotels have frozen entrees available in the market, this hotel only carries snack type...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business