I stayed here because the hotel was my conference hotel. It was excellent for that and there were so many good things about this hotel that the only complaint I might have is the price, which I thought was extremely high. If not for the price I would rate this hotel as excellent.
The lobby is unusual, comfortable and beautiful. There was a Ferari Club meeting and show here during our stay and this seemed to be a fitting location.
The rooms were clean, well appointed but fairly standard for an upscale hotel. What I liked most was that they reflected the amount of guest comfort that had been taken into consideration in planning the rooms. The beds were extremely comfortable, headboards had built-in reading lights, there was a comfortable chair with a good lamp, a nice desk, rainfall shower head, large windows with a view of the shopping center across the street.
The staff was friendly and helpful. The business center was great. The pool was nice but felt a bit odd to my travel companion when the large number of conference participants took breaks and stood outside the pool area smoking, chatting on cell phones and watching people lounging around the pool. It was a nice area, great big towels and comfortable furniture but a bit of a fishbowl.
Parking was free and the lot was well lighted, things got a bit overcrowded during the day when the conference center drew large numbers and in evening when the hotel restaurant and bar drew a crowd, but since we left our car in the lot and walked over to the Domain center for restaurants and shopping, we only had one night when parking was a problem.
This was a hotel which hit almost all the notes a hotel should and then some. It was a 20 minute drive into downtown, but there was plenty in the area and I would definitely choose this hotel in the future. I found it so refreshing to discover a hotel that understands the concept that at the most basic level what guests want in a hotel is safety, cleanliness, a good night's rest and ease in the experience of travel. To have all this taken care of and done in a beautiful environment can make travel a wonderful thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Austin at The Domain is located in the heart of The Domain, one of the premier locations in North Austin, featuring upscale shopping, dining, and entertainment. Downtown Austin is also just 15 minutes away, where travelers love the excitement of 6th Street where you can explore the best live music, great restaurants, and sophisticated shopping. This hotel also boasts a wide range of amenities inlcuding Spa Réveil, a resort-style Outdoor Pool, and a state-of-the-art fitness center. Guest rooms are highlighted by luxury bedding, large LCD TVs, and select rooms with stunning Austin views. The Westin at the Domain offers a premier location with luxurious amenities making it one of the best Austin, TX hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westin Austin at The Domain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Austin At The Domain Hotel Austin
- The Westin Austin At The Domain Texas