“Disapointing for a 5 star hotel”

The Westin Austin at The Domain
Ranked #34 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Uk
“Disapointing for a 5 star hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is a fantastic location for restaurants and shopping - we have stayed before. It has a snooty vibe but don't let that put you off. We were given a room on the 2nd floor - where all the dogs are so beware!! Our sun blind was missing and the room was red hot and we found it difficult to let the AC keep up to the heat
Yes we complained - did they try and compensate - yes - did it make it better yes and no - we were disapointed and felt second rate- was it because we were on the birthday promo and we given a poor room - who knows??
Pool is packed with the glam set so avoid

Room Tip: High floor!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your experience. Guest satisfaction is our top priority, and your feedback will be used to help us improve.

We are a pet friendly hotel, as the majority of Westin hotels are, but we keep all pets on the second floor. If you return to give us another chance, please contact me directly and I will ensure that you are placed on a higher floor. I would be delighted to discuss your stay in further detail, if you like. I may be reached at both the phone number and email address below.

512.687.6634
sean.haughey@westinaustinatthedomain.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Slovak first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

Everything was perfect during our stay and up until check out.

On the day of check out it was raining and wanted the valet service personnel to use the courtesy golf cart to take us to our car. But we waited and waited because the two people working the valet were busy with one car. One loading the car and the other is just simply watching and wouldn't take us to our car. Finally, one of the guys asked if I needed a ride. I answered in the affirmative. Once we were at the golf cart I noticed that all seats were covered with rain water and no towel on hand to dry up the seats. It was best to walk to my car as I would not get as wet as if I had sat down in the cart. I walked back in and complained to management on duty and made the suggestion that a towel be given to the valet service.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so sorry that your departure experience soured an otherwise excellent stay. Guest service is our top priority and we very much appreciate your constructive input. If you would like to discuss your visit in further detail, please feel free to contact me directly.

512.687.6634
sean.haughey@westinaustinatthedomain.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

Nice rooms with great amenities. Location makes it very easy to shop. Friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2012
, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay! It appears that our staff took great care of you. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Seguin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Clean rooms, friendly staff, great location, fantastic food and great room service! Definately the place to stay!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Westin Austin at the Domain. I am extremely glad that we took great care of you! It sounds like you took advantage of all that the Domain has to offer - great shopping, dining and entertainment. I am pleased that you enjoyed dining in our restaurant, urban an american grill. They are open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I hope you come back soon!

rowlett
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was very excited about returning to the Westin Austin at the Domain. My previous trips were exceptional and I was looking for another which is exactly what i got. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are well equiped with comfortable beds and the food in the restaurant is delicious - you've got to try the crab cakes. I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure and the location is ideal. When traveling to Austin this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lynda R
, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to the Westin Austin at the Domain. We very much appreciated your wonderful review! We hope you come back and see us again soon!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

What was originally intended to be an in-town night away for a sleep-deprived mama (me!) turned south when by sad coincidence our electricity (among other things) got knocked out by a tree at our home. So without any notice to the hotel about a change of plans, I showed up with two children under 2 and my husband in tow. We were greeted with warm smiles by the front desk personnel and they quickly called maintenance to get two cribs put in our room. Before I could blink, they had given my daughter a Westin Kids Club bag that kept her occupied while we dealt with phone calls to insurance and the city power company. My daughter loved the hat so much she wanted to sleep in it (!) and walked proudly out of the hotel with her Westin 'backpack' on the next morning. And after being in a house without air conditioning on a 100+ degree day, I was thrilled to enter our room and find two complimentary bottles of water. All small things but on this day made a big difference.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am sorry that the circumstances of your visit were not good but very glad that our team was able to help you make the best of the situation. We strive to provide a restful and rejuvenating haven for our guests, and it seems we really did so for you. I hope your daughter still wears her Westin Kid's Club hat and backpack proudly. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

We had made a last minute plan for Austin and chose the Westin based on the reviews. Peaceful area, heavenly beds, clean and modern baths made this trip very relaxing. Buffet breakfast was great; the staff at the restaurant is very family friendly. One complaint we had and made to the front desk was with regard to parking. We came back around 9:30pm and every single compact car parking spot was taken by big SUV's and some cars were parked badly in 2 spaces. It took us a while to find parking (and when we did it was kind of far). Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rxsahiba
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! It appears that our team took excellent care of you. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you had in finding parking. In the future, if you are having trouble finding a suitable parking spot, please bring your car to the front entrance and one of our valets will be delighted to assist you. We hope to see you again soon!