1,249 results
All reviews heavenly bed shopping and restaurants within walking distance business trip breakfast buffet front desk staff business hotel hotel restaurant live music whole foods i highly recommend this hotel very nice hotel definitely stay here again fitness center downtown spg conference
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The hotel was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Staff was very helpful. It was a short stroll to the shops at the Domain but the hotel actually provides a cart ride iif you don't want to stretch your legs. Very pleasant experience!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 7 July 2012

The website says that the hotel is pet friendly, and I after I reserved online I even called to let them know I would be bringing my dog. The person i spoke with said she would note it on my account so that I would be placed on the pet friendly floor. When I arrived, the gentleman at the desk sneered at my dog and asked "will the dog be staying?" I said yes (isn't it obvious?), and he proceeded to tell me he would have to put us far down the hall because the pet floor was full. I told him I had called in advance to let them know I was bringing a dog. I should not be made to feel bad that I have a dog because you filled up your pet friendly floor. If you don't want pets in your hotel, don't allow it.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your constructive feedback. I am sorry that your arrival experience was unsatisfactory. We are indeed a pet friendly hotel, and it is disappointing that you were made to feel otherwise. We even offer food and water bowls as well as our "Heavenly Dog Bed" upon request.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please feel free to contact me directly.

512.832.4197
sean.haughey@westinaustinatthedomain.com

Reviewed 6 July 2012

I travel a lot and have never been as pleased with hotel staff as I was at the Westin at the Domain. They genuinely cared about my experience! The facility is top notch...and I slept like a baby in the most comfortable bed!

• Stayed: June 2012
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Thank you for wonderful review of the Westin Austin at the Domain. Guest service is our top priority, and I am pleased that we took such great care of you! I am also glad that you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed. These beds can purchased online at westinathome.com.

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

The rooms were great and the grounds were lovely. Was there for a conference, but had some time to hang out and it was grand. I've stayed at lovely properties before, but the staff here is what makes the place great. Everyone was helpful and friendly. If I'm ever back in Austin, I'm staying here for sure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is a fantastic location for restaurants and shopping - we have stayed before. It has a snooty vibe but don't let that put you off. We were given a room on the 2nd floor - where all the dogs are so beware!! Our sun blind was missing and the room was red hot and we found it difficult to let the AC keep up to the heat
Yes we complained - did they try and compensate - yes - did it make it better yes and no - we were disapointed and felt second rate- was it because we were on the birthday promo and we given a poor room - who knows??
Pool is packed with the glam set so avoid

Room Tip: High floor!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your experience. Guest satisfaction is our top priority, and your feedback will be used to help us improve.

We are a pet friendly hotel, as the majority of Westin hotels are, but we keep all pets on the second floor. If you return to give us another chance, please contact me directly and I will ensure that you are placed on a higher floor. I would be delighted to discuss your stay in further detail, if you like. I may be reached at both the phone number and email address below.

512.687.6634