1,241 results
All reviewsheavenly bedshopping and restaurantswithin walking distancebusiness tripbreakfast buffetfront desk staffbusiness hotelhotel restaurantlive musicwhole foodsi highly recommend this hotelvery nice hoteldefinitely stay here againfitness centerdowntownspgconference
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Once again, we stayed here from July 14th-July 17th. We stayed in an executive suite and it was a great fit for our family of 4. When we got to the hotel check-in was a breeze, We got checked-in in no more than 5 minutes. Our room had a king size bed and a rollaway bed was placed for the kids. We loved the layout of the room, where the kids were able to watch tv in the living room and we had our own in our room.We had breakfast twice in the Urban Restaurant. My husband had the buffet and we opted for a la carte items. Everyday when we returned, our room was in pristine condition. Not once did we have to call to remind them of anything. We definitely stay here again, since it was a hit with the family. Everything was fabulous!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves in being a great hotel for families and business travelers alike. I am pleased that you enjoyed your meals at our restaurant, urban an American grill. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as brunch on Sunday.

We look forward to the return of your entire family!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Had an excellent stay for the 2nd time on a girls weekend with my sister. Both of us are moms to young children, and the luxury of sleeping in tucked away in such comfortable beds was enough to bring us back again! But the staff was very helpful, kind and yes, fun. Everyone we dealt with was great - from the valets to reception to the room service delivery. The golf carts that will bring you to restaurants, shopping, etc. are FANTASTIC and made our stay even better. We are trying to make this an annual trip and we will continue to come back to the Westin at the Domain for years to come!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Westin Austin at the Domain. I am glad you had a memorable stay! It sounds like you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed. Don't forget that you can purchase one online at westinathome.com.

I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of all that The Domain has to offer - lots of shopping and great restaurants. I hope that you do indeed make this an annual trip for your "Girls Weekend".

Reviewed 19 July 2012

This was my second time staying at this hotel and they are 2 for 2 when it comes to super location, excellent ambiance & amenities, and service. Specifically, Elrick M. is a superstar and he's 2 for 2 when it comes to service. On my first visit, Elrick checked me in and went above and beyond my SPG status in terms of bonuses and upgrades, and, most importantly, made sure my ESPN was working so I could watch the Miami Heat game! And, as a token for the inconvenience, he provided me with more bonuses.

On my second visit, I was lucky to have Elrick check me in again. He remembered me and again went above and beyond my SPG status when it came down to service, bonuses, and upgrades. In fact, he was so courteous and helpful I wanted to make sure he got the credit he deserved--so I decided to take the time to write this review!

Overall, this is a great property in a great location in Austin, TX. If you're lucky enough to get Elrick, he will definitely take care of you. If not, the Westin Austin at the Domain is full of courteous and helpful employees who will go out of their way to put you first. I highly recommend that you stay at this property and Elrick, Sean Haughey (front office manager), Keith Shopnick (general manager), or any of the other fine employees will make sure your stay is a super one. In fact, I plan on staying at this location every time I come to Austin--regardless of whether it's for business or personal travel!

Room Tip: Join the Starwood Preferred Guest program.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for writing this wonderful review of the Westin Austin at the Domain! I am glad that we, and especially Elrick, took such great care of you! I have shared your comments with our entire team, giving Elrick the recognition he deserves.

I am so glad that we have become your hotel of choice in Austin. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 18 July 2012

My husband and I took a quick mini-getaway to Austin with our dog, and after reading all of the rave reviews about this Westin, I booked it. The hotel lived up to all of the reviews. First of all, it is immaculate. The public areas as well as the rooms are spotless! The signature Heavenly bed is super comfy, and even the shower is luxurious with an added hand-held shower head. The staff, from the valet guys, to the front desk and lobby bar staff, are all very courteous and friendly. Each of them seemed to go out of their way to make sure we were happy.

The location is perfect. It is within an easy walking distance to an outdoor shopping area with lots of stores and restaurants. To get to downtown Austin was a 10-15 minute drive.

There were a few drawbacks we experienced. The first was in no way the fault of the hotel staff. We had a corner room, and the people staying in the executive suite next to us decided to party it up until 3 in the morning. As soon as we made a call, however, this problem was immediately resolved. The other was that our room had a very slight lingering odor of dog urine. We took a dog with us (who is completely house broken), so we assume they placed us in a dog-friendly room and dogs in the past may have had some accidents.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Great hotel, great location at the Domain, one of the best kept shopping secrets in Texas. Everything about this property exudes class - the decor, the staff, the facilities, the restaurant, the bar, the room - just a really fine experience from start to finish.

I stayed there on business a few weeks back because all the hotels downtown were full. My work in Austin is around the state Capitol complex, so the Westin is a bit out of my way (9.4 miles from the city center), but because my experience was so good, I stayed there on my next trip to Austin as well, and will continue to do so.

I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business