1,266 results
All reviews heavenly bed shopping and restaurants within walking distance business trip breakfast buffet business hotel front desk staff hotel restaurant live music whole foods i highly recommend this hotel very nice hotel definitely stay here again fitness center downtown spg conference
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I stayed here July 19, 2012. The hotel is exceptionally nice, very well appointed and has a lot of activity in the restaurant and bar. The staff was wonderful, rooms were better than the average Westin and the location can't be beat. Shopping and restaurants are across the street. The breakfast buffet was a little disappointing and could be considered "average" for any hotel but below average for a Westin. Overall, I will stay here again next time I'm in Austin.

The staff is well-trained in service. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. The doorman, maid, desk clerk and waitstaff were all wonderful.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good. Mine was excellent. Quiet and calming. No noise noticed from any outside exposure.
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Used priceline to save a few bucks on the room and booked it sight unseen. The Westin is located within walking distance of an outdoor mall called the Domain and there is plenty of things to do - even late at night all within a few minutes of the hotel. The only downside is that you have to brave mall traffic during the day, which wasn't too bad in July but might get worse closer to the holiday season, I can imagine.

The room was incredibly spacious, with a great view from the 6th floor. The windows boost a sun shade so you can still get plenty of light without burning sunlight entering the room during the day. The bathroom had a great lit vanity and a makeup mirror, which we found very nice.

You get free wi-fi being a Starwood Preferred member as well as two bottles of free water, which we really liked as well.

We did try to use the pool during our stay but found it very crowded with not enough seating, it was also fairly small -somehow the hotel was so large and spacious that we expected the same of the pool. We were told that we could have enjoyed drinks at the pool from the restaurant had we found space there, which would have been exciting.

I definitely enjoyed my stay and would return to this hotel in heartbeat.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Once again, we stayed here from July 14th-July 17th. We stayed in an executive suite and it was a great fit for our family of 4. When we got to the hotel check-in was a breeze, We got checked-in in no more than 5 minutes. Our room had a king size bed and a rollaway bed was placed for the kids. We loved the layout of the room, where the kids were able to watch tv in the living room and we had our own in our room.We had breakfast twice in the Urban Restaurant. My husband had the buffet and we opted for a la carte items. Everyday when we returned, our room was in pristine condition. Not once did we have to call to remind them of anything. We definitely stay here again, since it was a hit with the family. Everything was fabulous!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves in being a great hotel for families and business travelers alike. I am pleased that you enjoyed your meals at our restaurant, urban an American grill. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as brunch on Sunday.

We look forward to the return of your entire family!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Had an excellent stay for the 2nd time on a girls weekend with my sister. Both of us are moms to young children, and the luxury of sleeping in tucked away in such comfortable beds was enough to bring us back again! But the staff was very helpful, kind and yes, fun. Everyone we dealt with was great - from the valets to reception to the room service delivery. The golf carts that will bring you to restaurants, shopping, etc. are FANTASTIC and made our stay even better. We are trying to make this an annual trip and we will continue to come back to the Westin at the Domain for years to come!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
seanhau, Front Office Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Westin Austin at the Domain. I am glad you had a memorable stay! It sounds like you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed. Don't forget that you can purchase one online at westinathome.com.

I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of all that The Domain has to offer - lots of shopping and great restaurants. I hope that you do indeed make this an annual trip for your "Girls Weekend".

Reviewed 19 July 2012

This was my second time staying at this hotel and they are 2 for 2 when it comes to super location, excellent ambiance & amenities, and service. Specifically, Elrick M. is a superstar and he's 2 for 2 when it comes to service. On my first visit, Elrick checked me in and went above and beyond my SPG status in terms of bonuses and upgrades, and, most importantly, made sure my ESPN was working so I could watch the Miami Heat game! And, as a token for the inconvenience, he provided me with more bonuses.

On my second visit, I was lucky to have Elrick check me in again. He remembered me and again went above and beyond my SPG status when it came down to service, bonuses, and upgrades. In fact, he was so courteous and helpful I wanted to make sure he got the credit he deserved--so I decided to take the time to write this review!

Overall, this is a great property in a great location in Austin, TX. If you're lucky enough to get Elrick, he will definitely take care of you. If not, the Westin Austin at the Domain is full of courteous and helpful employees who will go out of their way to put you first. I highly recommend that you stay at this property and Elrick, Sean Haughey (front office manager), Keith Shopnick (general manager), or any of the other fine employees will make sure your stay is a super one. In fact, I plan on staying at this location every time I come to Austin--regardless of whether it's for business or personal travel!

Room Tip: Join the Starwood Preferred Guest program.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for writing this wonderful review of the Westin Austin at the Domain! I am glad that we, and especially Elrick, took such great care of you! I have shared your comments with our entire team, giving Elrick the recognition he deserves.

I am so glad that we have become your hotel of choice in Austin. We look forward to your return!