“Westin Hotel Experience”

The Westin Austin at The Domain
Ranked #41 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This hotel is truly a 5 star hotel. Nice clean and roomy rooms. Great area for shopping and browsing. Free parking but you will pay for room internet service, lobby area is free. Do not understand that. One of the main things that I was pleased with is they do allow pets up to a certain size. All in all a great hotel.

Room Tip: Front side has hot evening sun!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LaserJazz
David G, General Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Laser Jazz,
Thanks for the nice review. Maybe next trip you will bring your pet along. Always welcome!

There are newer reviews for The Westin Austin at The Domain

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The Westin Austin at The Domain is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Everything was top notch. Breakfast was superb. They serve a wide range of local beers in the bar. Rooms are great with amazing beds. Staff is super friendly and helpful. It was such a comfortable, lovely stay - I hope I have the opportunity to stay there again soon. Simply delightful!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bipbipbipbopbop
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Of all the things that I am, I am a planner (as evidenced by my other reviews here.. but events happen in life that control goes out the window.

Westin at the Domain is great. Our trip to Austin is for a sad family event (funeral), and there is nothing more stressful that to have an airline change flight times and arrive too early from a red-eye flight.

Our original plan was to stay overnight at Aloft (Domain) but they could not accommodate us for an early check-in unless we pay for the night before. My aloft review is separate as this is about Westin.

Lo and Behold a flew blocks down is the Westin as "Urban" the restaurant was open early for breakfast. I am almost on the verge of a nervous breakdown. We just decided to visit the front desk and inquire. The attitude we received from Westin was quite the opposite from Aloft. THEY WERE SO GREAT. The empathy and the respect we received.. No words to describe what I felt when they said "We would love to accommodate you. We have an availability and you can check in right here and now. Do not worry about the cancellation with Aloft, as we will take care of it." IMAGINE that? I had to hold back tears.

The room itself is great. Breakfast in Urban was good. We used room service once and we were happy with it.

Thank you Westin at the Domain.

Room Tip: Join "SPG" program. The 8th floor is for Starwood Preferred Guests (without pets). There i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We loved staying at this Westin hotel in the Domain section of Austin. Super upscale and everything was close within walking distance.

The room was of high quality and decorated in a classy modern style. The bathroom was perfect and the beds were truly heavenly!

The location was what made this so great! Tons of super fine clothing stores and boutiques along with a wide variety of very nice restaurants made this a one stop destination. We were in town for a volleyball tourney so when we can back to the hotel we could walk and stroll through the streets and find whatever we needed!

The front desk personnel were awesome as well and assisted our large group with reservations and restaurant selections.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faced the shopping area
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2013

It was a nice clean hotel but I was a little disappointed. I was led to believe there was a library which was really just an extension of the lobby. Gift shop - nothing more than a pantry. I think my expectations were higher because I had stayed at 2 beautiful Westins that were resorts. I think I expected too much. Bed was very comfortable. Pool area was too small for a hotel of this size.
It is located at the The Domain Mall and the traffic gets pretty backed up most of the time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mall. There is construction on the other side.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Dear katwoman46,
Thank you for the review. we are a bit different than most of the resorts you'll experience in the Westin brand as we are designed more for the urban traveler. I hope you did feel comfortable and rejuvinated after staying with us.
VR,

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Fabulous in everyway! So nice! So accommodating! We never wanted for anything! Very comfortable...what a wonderful place to unwind and relax. Great area to shop, eat, and stay. Fairly easy access to highway...does take some knowledge of the local road system.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear, LadtBugTx76,
Thank you for such a nice review. It looks like our brand was designed specifically for you! We hope you come back again soon.
VR,

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Just what you would expect from a good business hotel. Parking was easy, check-in was a breeze, and I was in my room in less than 5 minutes. What I want most from a business hotel is cleanliness, reliability, and respect for my time. This property exceeded on all fronts.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business