“Perfect mid-priced hotel”

The Westin Austin at The Domain
Ranked #39 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel is the wave of the future, the perfect combination of quality, price, and service. Great location in The Domain. First floor entirely dedicated to services, great bar, great restaurant, beautiful contemporary décor. Great rooms, contemporary and clean, with great bathrooms and great bed. Service is attentive. Have stayed here 6-7 times over the past couple of years, we always go back and it's always consistent.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the front of the hotel. Also the Executive level rooms have great showers inst...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 night with our kids and we lord it. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and very clean, pool is nice fro kids, and breakfast is wonderful.
I highly recommend this hotel for anybody, with kids or no kids.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a wonderful location, but expect to pay top dollar for everything. I a very basic room service breakfast one morning (eggs were mediocre) and ended up paying $30 for the privilege. Most annoying was the fact I was charged a $3 "connection fee" for each toll free call I made from my room. Again, the hotel itself is top notch but there are much better values in Austin at half the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Was on a business trip and really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was friendly, restaurants around the Domain were wonderful and the hotel offered rides with their shuttle. Room was very clean and comfortable. I would stay here again, wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
David G, General Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Elizabeth9989,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate that you stayed with us and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I had a great night here for a Mother's Day getaway. The room was clean and spacious. Paul at the front desk was extremely nice and helpful. The live music in the bar area in the evening was great. My breakfast was delicious. I can't wait to go back for my birthday in June!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
David G, General Manager at The Westin Austin at The Domain, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear della p,
Thank you for your detailed review. I'm glad you enjoyed the live music. Webelieve it's important to help visitors experience this important part of Austin culture.
We look forward to seeing you for your birthday next month.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've now Stayed here 2 different times on business, with 2 different outcomes. The location is pretty practical, close enough to downtown for fun yet far enough away to get work done. Pretty good restaurants nearby and plenty of shopping.

My 1st vist here went off without a hitch. Came in for 2 days for a conference. The bed was cozy, the room was very clean, the bar was nice and the staff was helpful. That visit alone was a 4-5 out of 5.

My 2nd visit was not nearly as smooth. Largest problem, the room smelt like wet dog. I asked the front desk nicely about it, and they said "sometimes it gets that".. I said no more and simply checked out and in to another hotel. 1-2 out 5.

Now after my 2nd visit I wasn't planning on going back, especially on my own dime. However, I was planning a get together for several friends in Austin for this upcoming weekend and decided to use a website that didnt disclose which hotel was being purchased until after it was processed. Much to my surprise, this Westin was selected. I am a little nervous but hey maybe it will give me a chance to decide which bag is more common. Ill be sure to follow up with an updated rating next week!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Michael W,
I appreciate your candor and detail in your review. Im sorry for the response you received when letting us know you weren't satisfied with your accomodations. The description you give for an odor would typically only happen when we are cleaning carpets. When we clean the wool carpets a common description is that it smells like a wet dog.
It's quite possible that you were checked into a room that had just had the carpets cleaned. That would have been a mistake on our behalf as we should not have used it until it was completed. I'm sorry that happened.
I look forward to meeting you during your upcoming trip.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed for a few days, and everything was very comfortable. Beds were good, rooms were spacious, bathroom was large. Good bar with music at night, and a good restaurant. Located near lots of shopping, and not too far from downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Andrew M.,
Thank you for your review. It sounds like the Westin Heavenly Bed was just right for you. I'm glad you enjoyed our music as well.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.